Discuss Alpha Boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PHILLIPD12

Hello everyone
I have a Alpha CB24 boiler 11 years old which has a fault which my Plumber who is an Alpha Platinum Installer can not solve & I would be gratefull for any advice.
When the boiler starts due to a call for hot water or central heating it starts the pump & main burner & runs for about 1 minute then switches off as the red overheat fault led comes on,this goes out within seconds & the boiler reignites successfully. the boiler may then stay on until the room thermostat cuts in or the hot tap is turned off. Sometimes the fault cuts the boiler off again before it starts again within seconds.
I am concerned that the boiler will soon switch off & not come on again.
The following items have been replaced..................

Diverter valve, Expansion vessel,
Pressure relief valve, thermisters & the Plate to plate heat exchanger cleaned & there are no leaks anywhere.

if the red light comes on and then goes off its self it is going into open circuit check the primary thermistor is given the correct ohms readings when at a certain temperature refer to mi, also check there is no blockage or restriction which will cause it to over heat have you checked the pump?

Air pressure switch will be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha Boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back