Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha 2l pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all

got called out to service a boiler today asked customer if there's any problems ? Oh the heating not worked for 3 weeks ! So switched the heating on to the Icos 12he boiler fires up then burner goes out and burner light flashes, I went to check the pump to find the new grind dos alpha2l pump , any ideas how to check see if it's wirking ? The power is on as it displays "on" but I'm not sure if it spinning ? I pressed the arrow under the display but nothing changed ? Unplug it and plug back in I see the lights all come on them they go down one by one until off ? The pump sounds like it's pumping but what carnt check it any ideas guys

are thes pumps meant to show the speed of the pump when on ?

Cheers all

ALPHA2 L | Grundfos

Push the arrow button so that you have the the lines on the left on, thats speed 3.

The display should show a number, at speed 3 this should be in the 40's. If it isn't then it isn't shifting water, these things can be a real to clear air from.

These need to fitted properly or will give issues.
Make sure fitted on correct plane and cable drops directly down from bottom of pump.
Put on to stage 3 and run for about 10mins to clear air from pump. Then should show 40-45w on display if all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha 2l pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I had a stuck TRV. House was extended - new radiator on the longest run has never gotten properly hot - it's usually cold. 11 rads total, worcester...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old Its conventional mains gas boiler central heating system (not a combi) the boiler is an “Ideal logic 18” – with hot water tank in an upstairs airing...
Replies
Views
Hello All My Baxi Duo Tec Combi HE error display light is not 'lit up' - it appears to be blank. My boiler hasn't worked since the weekend so I checked the boiler panel expecting to see an error E119 low pressure message which I can normally fix myself. The error message display panel appears to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock