Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on replacing Microbore pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have a radiator in my kitchen which I would like to change. I was confident changing the radiator until I realised that it has 8mm Microbore piping running off through a wall and feeding another radiator.

This is pictured here

The radiator which I’m looking to install is a cast iron style one and wouldn’t look right with these pipes so I would like to change them all, is there a reason why I cannot change this 8mm piping to standard 15mm?

Uck, all that pipework needs taking out it’s painted to death and as you state way too small. I if I was you wait a month or two as it’s still cold and cold houses do not generate brownie points..then drain it down and replace properly Centralheatking

I just connected 2 elbows to existing 10mm pipework then extended 2 legs of 15mm pipework through the floor boards into vertical rad, no issues at all just cosmetically better to the eye 👍

Reply to Advice on replacing Microbore pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock