Discuss Additional isolator valves on shower pump pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

realstokebloke

A quick Q. about isolator valves anyone please?

I am installing a Salamander ESP 100 negative head twin pump for a new ensuite shower.

Many kind souls have helped clarify what i need to do ref an additional CW tank for the required capacity - thanks.

But am a little in the dark re the need for any additional isolator vales on the pipework to / from.

Do i install a set of isolators to each of the x2 inputs & each of the x2 outlets to / from the pump itslef?

Or, as the x4 flexis in / out of the pump have isloators on them already, are they sufficient?

Also, if i do use additional valves (in JGSpeedfit PEX barrier pipe), would i be better using 'ordinary' isolator valves (metal compression ones with soft copper olives) or the actual Speedfit ones plse?

(I see that Speedfit ones are a lot more for the same job but might be far better in the long run.)

In theory, isolator valves on everything that moves are a good idea i guess but equally, every joint is a leak risk i suppose?

So what would you pro's do?

Thanks.

If you're unsure about the plastic isolation valves on the pump doing their job or failing in the future which is possible I'd fit two full bore isolation valves on to the pipe work going to the pump, one near the flange for the cylinder and one by the cwsc.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wlik2v

i would fit extra full bore valves, if the pump ever needs changing or other works need doing, its just an extra insurance

I totally agree with whats been said, I don't like those plastic iso valves and always put in the full bore quater turn iso valves,

To hell with the expense as well, I never use gate valves because we all know how rubbish they are.

I totally agree with whats been said, I don't like those plastic iso valves and always put in the full bore quater turn iso valves,

To hell with the expense as well, I never use gate valves because we all know how rubbish they are.

Yup - I'm with you on that.

Is it these you mean plse?

Lever Valve Red Handle

So these, the hard PEX inserts and soft copper olives I think?

from a grundfos engineer friend he told me in there instructions it states to only use full bore and if not if they are called to one of there pump failure the wash there hands with it ! he did give me some complicated formula to work out the restrction it caused etc etc making the pump work harder but i quickly "lost" that piece of paper somwhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Additional isolator valves on shower pump pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock