Discuss ACS practical exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveWannadoGas

Hello all, I`m soon taking part my acs gas practical. I need to know if anyone can help with the unsafe situations part, specifically the board with the different pieces of pipework. Anyone know it?

I want to know what faults may be found on this type of set-up. Does anyone know?
`
I believe I have to find every fault on the board, so I`m keen to know what faults to look out for. Can anyone help? Ive checked in the gas text book but it isnt a great deal of help.

Many thanks!

Open ends
Not sleeved
Valves don't fall to off
Valves not capped off(open End)
Clips
Not suitable connections (normally brazed track pipe )
Hidden compression fittings
Sleeves not sealed in meter boxes

Will think of more later and will edit as I go

incorrect iso's/fittings, clippings.
quite easy really if you study the fundamentals.

it sounds easy yes but I need to get all of them, to pass. So any suggestions are very welcome. Thankyou to those who have already answered! I suppose there isnt already a thread on this?

I do have a number of things already, but need to find every one.

it sounds easy yes but I need to get all of them, to pass. So any suggestions are very welcome. Thankyou to those who have already answered! I suppose there isnt already a thread on this?

I do have a number of things already, but need to find every one.

Tbh take your time and work from one end to another

They will be in front of you

Is the pipe suitable for Gas
Are the fittings suitable for Gas and for the pipe type and correctly fitted.
Are the fixings suitable and sufficient.
Are the jointing mediums suitable for Gas.
Is the location of the pipe with regard to other services O.K
Is Bonding visible, either permanent or temporary if appropriate.

By the aounds of the original post he is asking about the controls jig on the board.

hi, thankyou, yes the 3` x 3` board, with a meter on it, pipework arranged on it with a variety of endings, unsuitable fittings, damaged trac pipe etc.

Another question.... if there is an clamped earth wire, that just disappears through the back of the board, then disappears out of sight, is that ok?

Thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trac pipe and all the faults that previous posters have mentioned will be in a bay not on the board.
The board typically consists of a back boiler burner a cooker rail a fire burner a regulator amongst others with safety devices such as thermocouples liquid expansion stats bi metallic strips and so on.
If you dont know already how they work then you need to read up on valves controls and safety devices

Once I'm back on the computer tomorrow will post a file up that will help you with your controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS practical exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a rank amateur DIY'er with plumbing, with practically 0 skills & I know next to nothing about it, but a few weeks ago our concealed...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back