Currently reading:
A very kind welcome

Discuss A very kind welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claude_pecha

First time ever I get welcomed by a forum after registering, suggesting to me I might want to make my first post a hello post in the introduction forum! This is a thing I never do, as I don't really think other people want to know and they have better things to do than read my rants.

So, hello, it is lovely to be in here, I have looked at this forum for a while looking for tips, it has been very useful.

I am currently looking into training as a plumber, and was looking into different ways to train.
I am female, therefore always wondered if I could do such things which I always associated with strong men; did I have the abilities and the strength required for it? Plumbing has always interested me, I have put my first kitchen sink together at my partner's house (it was very scary) and put the waste pipes together... It didn't leak!! He was baffled!

So anyway, I was in here this morning looking into the feedbacks for both Met-uk in Corby or PPL training in York, with whom I have just done a really interesting week-end introduction. I loved it!
I would like to do the training for myself really, to boost up my skills in this life, and be able to use it if I need to work and my other business idea needs some income to back it up. Somehow, to take up a plumbing training is also an homage to a very cared for plumbing uncle of mine, whom I am sure can help me from where he is.

Head up in the air, too interested in spiritual matter and healing, yet the need to ground has taken me on this path and this forum!

So, hello, I am not here to steal anyone's place nor make anyone insecure, (as I know there are already too many plumbers in the world) but I may find my place in between all.

Thank you for your respect

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello claude_pecha, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Hi claude_pecha

Thank for the great intro and hopefully the forums will be able to help you out,when required

My grandfarther was a faith healer and a boiler maker,so they can go together :)

welcome.gif

First time ever I get welcomed by a forum after registering, suggesting to me I might want to make my first post a hello post in the introduction forum! This is a thing I never do, as I don't really think other people want to know and they have better things to do than read my rants.

So, hello, it is lovely to be in here, I have looked at this forum for a while looking for tips, it has been very useful.

I am currently looking into training as a plumber, and was looking into different ways to train.
I am female, therefore always wondered if I could do such things which I always associated with strong men; did I have the abilities and the strength required for it? Plumbing has always interested me, I have put my first kitchen sink together at my partner's house (it was very scary) and put the waste pipes together... It didn't leak!! He was baffled!

So anyway, I was in here this morning looking into the feedbacks for both Met-uk in Corby or PPL training in York, with whom I have just done a really interesting week-end introduction. I loved it!
I would like to do the training for myself really, to boost up my skills in this life, and be able to use it if I need to work and my other business idea needs some income to back it up. Somehow, to take up a plumbing training is also an homage to a very cared for plumbing uncle of mine, whom I am sure can help me from where he is.

Head up in the air, too interested in spiritual matter and healing, yet the need to ground has taken me on this path and this forum!

So, hello, I am not here to steal anyone's place nor make anyone insecure, (as I know there are already too many plumbers in the world) but I may find my place in between all.

Thank you for your respect

you could do a lot of business in london working for sikhs as they don't allow men in there houses with there wives whilst they are at work, only females

hi claude_pecha welcome to the forum there is always room for a lady plumber as has already been said

steve

THank you all for your messages, very interesting ones! I didn't know about the Sikhs, very good point indeed. And about faith healing and boiler making...Great. It had me smile all day yesterday!

Well, nearly 2 years later, I have thought and thought about it and at last started a NVQ level 2 plumbing course with PPL training in York!
I am on my 4th week now, and enjoying it immensely - though not touched lead work nor steel work yet. I have heard some swear about that!

Looking forward to having a few questions so to get some feedback. Isn't the Internet great!!!

Thanks Ecowarm, very good videos, only watched 2 though, will keep the others for later when doing lead.

Is that your girlfriend on the avatar picture, Bod?

welcome to the forum and your new career. you obviously haven't rushed the decision to become a plumber which is a good thing. it can be a rewarding job but also a real pain at times

best of luck

Yey thanks!
Yes, something like plumbing is not something to rush into too lightly (done that with other "career changes" courses before, going too quickly and realising it wasn't for me) and so I let the plumbing grow on me to see if it was just a "passing infatuation" but it remained, and it is remaining now! I find it ever so interesting and varied, I am sure it will be a different story when having to face real pipes in real homes...
In the meantime, it is good to read about stories that happened to some of you and seeing some of the difficulties you had to go through, helps with not making the same mistakes when it was one!

Huh Bod, I am surprised he is able to do much work if he is looking like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A very kind welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock