Search the forum,

Discuss A look inside a hot water cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they are like that they are difficult to drain down and just a tad heavy!

Never take a cylinder like that apart as the scrap man will give you less for it.

I think he wants top chop open a cylinder from around here.

We had one, could only pour 15/20 litres of water in Till it was filled up!

Last edited:
The water in England must be poor! Water over here, in a lot of areas is good & limescale is unknown. Have seen some grade 3 cylinders here in shiney clean order inside after 20 plus years.

Some yards give u a tank price and not a weight price due to scales. The north east is no where near that bad 180ppm

that bloke just liked getting his chopper out

...don't we all! :grin:
Must admit, he seems to know how to use his chopper well. Never thought that a copper cylinder insulation could come off so easily!

You have to respect a man that knows his chickens ;)
Will have a look through some of his vids now, wish me luck, I usually get very lost and end up in a nasty corner of youtube after about 4 or 5 videos...

Not all water heating system are created equal ,some water heating are more efficient than others, and efficiency can also vary between models of the same type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A look inside a hot water cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the cylinder? Thanks
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder is located directly above the ceiling of a new and expensive kitchen. It does not leak and causes no obvious problems. Should it be replaced? Advice...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably because of the set-up) but last year got so feeble that a guy suggested fitting a pump alongside the cylinder. This can work fine but then all of a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock