Search the forum,

Discuss a bit of flange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

just a quick question. whats difference between essex and surrey flange and some details of workings thanks a mill

Not sure buffy27, but they're both further south than the Warwick flange, which in turn is further south still from the York flange...

Seriously though, they're all different types of flanges to adapt a cylinder for direct draw off for a shower pump, negating the introduction of air to the pump, and drawing off at a lower point in the cylinder.

Drawing off at a lower position from within the DHW cylinder can help avoid the higher temperatures which can leading to cavitation, but they mainly avoid induced air.

The Surrey / York flange (same product I think) is my preferred type, which adapts the existing draw-off point on the top of the cylinder.

An Essex flange adapts the sidewall of a cylinder, but requires you to cut a hole in the cylinder wall.

Rgds - Jon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to a bit of flange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just paint tanking slurry? Thanks in anticipation, best regards Staggers
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the corner. Do I assemble the unit first attach water and elec, and slide the very heavy unit in on the two wheels? Or do I get the base in the corner and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock