Discuss 6129??? any point? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nye

hi, basically im 19 and have been carrying out the 6129 certificate with easy plumb training but after reading various threads on here it seems that this is a complete waste of time. my plan was to complete this certificate and then team up with a tiler or do a tiling course and start up as a bathroom fitter. im now lost to what i actually achieve from doing the 6129 certificate and what it entitles me to do! cheers nye

yes but you are 80% of the way there with a 6129. it isnt as good as 6089 but that doesnt mean its worthless

You have to learn to walk before you can run.

The 6089 shows you can do in the real world

hi i m thinking of doing a course at construction college leamington -anyone been there?

6129 is worth it's weight in gold, even experienced Plumbers know that.

The detailed information you learn on the 6129 is invaluable, all knoweledge is. only once you complete it can you tackle the 6089 unless you've been a plumber a very long time.

Even experienced plumbers can learn a thing or two off the 6129. That's the thing about Plumbing, you never stop learning.

Buy JTL books level 2 and 3 and have a read up on what you'd miss out on plus a hell of a lot more.

It ain't just about soldering copper pipes!

And soon enough, no qualification will mean no work!

While you're young, just stick it under your belt, at least you'll have something :)

Last edited by a moderator:
6129 is worth it's weight in gold, even experienced Plumbers know that.

The detailed information you learn on the 6129 is invaluable, all knoweledge is. only once you complete it can you tackle the 6089 unless you've been a plumber a very long time.

Even experienced plumbers can learn a thing or two off the 6129. That's the thing about Plumbing, you never stop learning.

Buy JTL books level 2 and 3 and have a read up on what you'd miss out on plus a hell of a lot more.

It ain't just about soldering copper pipes!

And soon enough, no qualification will mean no work!

While you're young, just stick it under your belt, at least you'll have something :)

I agree with the amount of learning you do, the from regulations to lead work, so much to learn I have just bought the JTL level 2 and :eek: I dont even want to look at the level 3

Anyone who tells you that proper training is a waste of time should hang their head in shame.
The 6129 Certificate is a worth while qualification however it is done, and on completion depending on your confidence you will be able to work as a plumber in the domestic field (that is to say in private houses).

How ever you will not be a qualified plumber but will be the equivelent of an apprentice improver (for those of you who can remember apprenticeships) this means that you have the knowledge and the ability to carryout bassic plumbing tasks but not the industrial speed.

This is where the 6089 comes in where you have to prove to an assessor that you can carryout the work in a safe and timely fashon in a paying customers home.

Any college that offers you an NVQ II qualification will normally do so over 18 months to 2 years and the irst part of the course will be the 6129 and the second part will be the 6089.

Remember that you have to be working either for your self or someone else as a plumber to do the 6089.

So complete your training on the 6129 and continue on the the NVQ and get qualified.

As a final point to consider yourself a fully qualified plumber you must complete an NVQ III or equivalent and probable do your gas training as well.

Good luck in your future and dont listen to the hay sayers.:)

Any training that learns you how to do something properly is worth the time and effort. Keep at it and good luck for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6129??? any point? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock