Discuss johnson starley in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Came across a johnson starley reno 30 today where the combustion ratio was ,0008 so thought i would bring the ratio down but could not locate the throttle on gas valve . Read the MI's and said ,0008 is acceptable and i know that anyway but thought i would tweek it . But how do you bring the ratio down on these boilers ?? From what i can see and read in MI's it mentions nothing of how to reduce the ratio .

Have you got a decimal point in the right place? 0.0008 is an excelent reading! Is this a new w/air?

Sorry think its is wrong ,008 if i recall it was a combi .

Johnson starley doing combi's ... weyabuggaman! lol

I'd be dubvious of 008! CO must be prety high! I'd be checkin for something amiss here! flue seals, condensate blocked that sort of thing .. must google J/S boilers though! sheeeeesh!!

Just checked the mi's as I didn't even know J&S had got into wet C/H!

Now just checking out your post! The gas valve should be a zero compensating yeh? so you need to check that it's doing as it say's on the tin! No thottle! Any "throttle" will be on the air intake Id assume!

Been doing combi's for a while from what i gather ,
Thats what i'm finding servicing come across so many different models and suddenly one thing throws me !!!

Been doing combi's for a while from what i gather ,
Thats what i'm finding servicing come across so many different models and suddenly one thing throws me !!!

Been doing them since they first hit the market ... Always learning 'gaspaste...' Sit back and remember the basics! If you're getting a high ratio then something is compromising the combustion process .. over gassed, under aired, primary or secondary aeration! Once you grasp that you then can examine the process! Take a deep intake ...... and know you can get to the reason!

Not seen the boiler before, but as per MI's gas valve is factory set, not adjustable. So you need to go back to basics as per diamondgas. Full strip service. Clean H/E, burner, condensate etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to johnson starley in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just had my annual gas safety check as i live in rented accomodation owned by local authority. I have recently qualified in gas ( domestic...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is...
Replies
Views
Back