Discuss 2 port on UV cyl return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassed up

Gas Engineer
Any thoughts on putting a 2 port on a megaflo return, which has a 3 port only set up.

There is no room or pipework space to get it on the flow to cyl after the 3 port. Whoever fitted it must have thought the 2 port was a billy bonus for stock.

My thinking is better on return than not at all.

Best bet is to ring Megaflo, cover your backside B4 you do anything

All unventeds set up on a Y plan, should also have a 2 port wired in.
Best thing is always to change to S -plan in the first place

To keep life simple You could simply wire the 2 port into the overheat stat using a permanent live, that's what they are both there for.

Or replumb as S-plan with the overheat stat in series to the cylinder stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 port on UV cyl return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Back