Discuss 2 hourly rates ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Good day guys, a question aimed at you one man bands .
Do you charge the same hourly rate on what ever job you are on, whether its a plumbing job or gas ??.
Or do you charge separate rates ??

Myself its the same rate whatever, but I am considering changing it !!!
Thank you

I charge £40/hr for plumbing jobs and £60/hr for gas work. But depending on the customer, I can make changes. I'll charge OAP's less.

Same rate for whatever work it is but I charge more for 1st hour than subsequent ones.

village isnt such an idiot :), me plumbing/gas callout first hr £75/85, next hr 40/45 normal working hours, weekends and evenings think of a figure, boxing day etc callout £250 min

Good day guys, a question aimed at you one man bands .
Do you charge the same hourly rate on what ever job you are on, whether its a plumbing job or gas ??.
Or do you charge separate rates ??

Myself its the same rate whatever, but I am considering changing it !!!
Thank you

don't see the point in charging two rates id never do plumbing if I charged more for gas

don't see the point in charging two rates id never do plumbing if I charged more for gas

coz you make more with gas and the little old lady gets you to do her washer and u end up repairing her boiler next job :)

well theres the exception to the rule
but if you where to charge less for plumbing on say day rate on a bathroom
you've still got to pay your gas safe and such

so you'd end up loosing money

well theres the exception to the rule
but if you where to charge less for plumbing on say day rate on a bathroom
you've still got to pay your gas safe and such

so you'd end up loosing money

no, just not make as much

Depends what I charge usually 40 quid first hour thirty after.

However I am also of the opinion of the custs money looks better in my bank than theirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 hourly rates ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock