Discuss your estimate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plymouth's not too bad if you are in the right market Joe. I'm in Plymouth, just a one man band, but work on the basis of £200 a day & I'm booked up well into September. I've always tried to steer clear of the cut throat bottom end of the market & most of my work is in the suburbs of Plympton, Plymstock, Ivybridge & Saltash where they seem happy to pay that.
I wouldn't fancy getting any bigger though & having to chase work, thats when you can't be too choosy.
I agree , it sounds like you are specializing in one aspect , I do general repair work, have nothing to do with renewables, to old to get involved with it , may be giving up next year don't really enjoy all the bull s--t that's come into the trade, lots of pointless rules and regs, and government departments telling customers what they must have, all very well if you are on MPs wage's, Total Balls if you are on minimum wage or a pension

I agree about the renewables. I have never been asked to do any & I wouldn't want to get involved in them either.
As far as work goes I do most things apart from renewables & drains but have a pretty loyal customer base ;)
Not that much call in Plymouth for unvented & never been asked for underfloor either.
I'll say hello next time I see you in City Plumbing Joe :)

I agree about the renewables. I have never been asked to do any & I wouldn't want to get involved in them either.
As far as work goes I do most things apart from renewables & drains but have a pretty loyal customer base ;)
Not that much call in Plymouth for unvented & never been asked for underfloor either.
I'll say hello next time I see you in City Plumbing Joe :)
Be nice to meet and have a free coffee on City plumbing, you'll know if I'm in, drive maroon transit with JTS on side's, what's your transport ? will keep a look out. :auto:

haha know what you mean some well handy cheap stuff in their
pop in on Mondays & Thursday's, that's when they get new stuff in. had a few useful bit's from them, got a very good extension light, box of 'O' rings, jubilee clips, if it's in a box I'll buy it.

i am getting £14 per hour subbying to local h/a at moment van supplied to do landlord certs its easy but money is shocking

You would be better off on the books i bet the office staff are paid more than you and no tickets to put there names to

on the books for 25 k a year with someone chirping away at you all the time no thanks

thought you were subbying? so se, paid holiday would mean on the books, puzzled now

i am subbying through agency hays montrose but agencies have to pay holiday pay now , i think sick is paid as well

i am subbying through agency hays montrose but agencies have to pay holiday pay now , i think sick is paid as well

good luck tying to get anything from an agency, thieving scumbags imho, pushing a lot of folk into part time work with no real rights, all the companies love them as they can get staff with none of the hassle involved withhaving staff on the books, hence why this country is failing in the employment stakes omho, so no shooting me down. Every year round xmas, a couple of high end factories producing v expensive electronics or filters lay off most of their agency provided crk force for several months and then recruit again in the spring, its a disgrace in my simple mind.

dont need luck its the law got holiday pay last year even tho never went any where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to your estimate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
3 flats and full house labour quote please or v rough guess Flats include Full rip out of existing supplies . New gas and water supply to each...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Sorry this is a long one. I'll try and keep it organised. Son has just moved into a purpose built (2013 ish) 4th floor apartment as a...
Replies
Views
Whats your price to install Labour only, 1 x straight in Doc M pack 1x Install a new basin pedestal and a new close coupled toilet ( pipes close...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, our plumber has recently invoiced us for 9.5 days to fix a new boiler and first fix a downstairs shower room and utility room, and fit 3...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back