Discuss Worcester greenstar 8000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
Had a read and watched a video of the new greenstar 8000 today first I thought it was a speaker to start with and not a boiler looks smart though but the video had hidden pipes so not so pretty when visible. 50kw as well,blimey, you'll do well to have mains water pressure to benefit from this

Loads of plastic going on and compared to most conpact boilers nowdays a bit on the large side

thats because its not a compact its a cdi :D

if you want compact look at the 30i

That’s why it looks like you have space to remove the trap then. Will be valves, wires and pipes everywhere after installing

The jig sits behind the trap wires are to the left of the boiler you can see the grommets

Looks like an one Worcester, with the prv and expansion vessel moved to a sensible place.
Still has rubbish ally heat exchanger. The rest is just embellishment.

The automatic filling loop is a great idea when one of those plastic parts fail in true Worcester style.

Only fill for around 2-3mins I believe before faults out

Only fill for around 2-3mins I believe before faults out
Still a bad leak at 2-3 mins on mains pressure is a fair bit of water. Whether that be a leak on the system or boiler leaking.

Also you've got the issue that when the air in the expansion goes the customer will never know there's an issue as it'll just top back up - unless the computer tells them it's been at 3bar pressure?

Still a bad leak at 2-3 mins on mains pressure is a fair bit of water. Whether that be a leak on the system or boiler leaking.

Also you've got the issue that when the air in the expansion goes the customer will never know there's an issue as it'll just top back up - unless the computer tells them it's been at 3bar pressure?

True but if it’s lost all the pressure rapidly I don’t think there’s going to be much more mess

They never know now so no different

Never happy some people:p:p:D

life 30 kw 1k ish
sytle 30 kw 1.1k ish

all prices plus

not bad for a new gen cdi

sadly its not combined prv / condy

So basically it's a cdi in a shiny new case.

Who would have a 50kw combi as well. Chuck in a cooker and you getting close to the point of bigger meter. Gas pipe would have to be huge if it's a long run and will take it out of domestic scope.

Yep cdi getting stopped

Fitted one of the style's last week. The boiler fits onto the normal cdi jig and shares some parts. Prv is much easier to get. The auto filling link (£50 ish) replaces the built in loop. It has to be switched on at the control panel otherwise the board will not recognise it. It can be adjusted for maximum fill time and minimum pressure/target pressure.
If you don't like Worcester's then you probably won't be impressed as it's pretty similar to the cdi.
and it's a bit of a lump...

Fitted one of the style's last week. The boiler fits onto the normal cdi jig and shares some parts. Prv is much easier to get. The auto filling link (£50 ish) replaces the built in loop. It has to be switched on at the control panel otherwise the board will not recognise it. It can be adjusted for maximum fill time and minimum pressure/target pressure.
If you don't like Worcester's then you probably won't be impressed as it's pretty similar to the cdi.
What size did you fit?

it was just the 30kw. Pretty simple install. Filling link was an advantage as the boiler was in a loft, so worth the £50 for the customer. Forgot to mention that the gas valve test point needs a T10 bit!

TBH, I always thought the Si and CDIs weren't bad boilers. It's more the fact that the plastic parts go, and the PRVs were a nightmare to do. In terms of fitting them they weren't bad, but in terms of long term maintenance (Which we tend to do with our installs) they aren't exactly easy for parts replacement.

Interesting to know about the filling link though.

Finally moving away from the hard slotted

Normally rounds afterward a few years of people messing

Cdi is being discontinued

Reply to Worcester greenstar 8000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had a WB 8000 35kw boiler installed today and was searching through some websites which talked about range rating your boiler and/or...
Replies
Views
Back