Search the forum,

Discuss WB Greenstar 8000 Range Rating and Flow Temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I've had a WB 8000 35kw boiler installed today and was searching through some websites which talked about range rating your boiler and/or turning down the flow temperature to save on cost. I spoke to the engineer that installed it and he advised against rage rating saying that having 17 rads and a heatbank cylinder, its best to keep it at 35kw. Also, advised against turning down the flow temperature as he stated the boiler is very efficient as it is.

Would anyone have any advice on whether its worth doing either or both of the above. My cylinder is not storage, so no need for legionnaires protection as warms the mains incoming fresh water using the heated stored water via a plate heat exchanger.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Gem

Combi boiler ?

Its system boiler which warms up the cylinder which in turn warms up the incoming cold water. Heatbank.

Yes so this needs to be at 60

Reply to WB Greenstar 8000 Range Rating and Flow Temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I have a Vaillant boiler and want to set d.0 to something sensible, right now it is set to auto and can range from 6 kW to 37 kW. Adding up my radiators' heat output from the Stelrad website gives me 25.7 kW and my hot water cylinder coil rating it 23.9 kW. The Heat Geek Range Rating Method is...
Replies
Views
Hello! Advice required, please. Trying to understand implications of pipe size, length of run, and number of junctions etc. en route between the incoming water feed to the Combi-boiler. For various reasons it is difficult to get from stopcock to boiler without taking indirect route back across...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock