Discuss Worcester Greenstar 18ri in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got called to a boiler leaking but only when it rains.

Checked condensate pump, works fine and no blockages. Checked no blockages in condensafe neutraliser and all good. Opened up the cover and water on the bottom. Dried it out and ran boiler on max for a while but no leaks. Checked sump of burner and bone dry. Checked flue and no signs of leakage.

Terminal is fine, deflected up at 45 degrees.

I'm thinking it may have been a blockege which has now cleared?

Why would rain be coming back into the boiler? Apparently it was when the rain was heavy. Surely the volume of water from the rain couldn't have been too much for the pump to cope with??

Any suggestions??

Water/ rain coming in via air inlet ??

Water/ rain coming in via air inlet ??

How do you stop rain going into the air intake? :/ so that would leak at the base of the internal flue where it meets the condense?

How do you stop rain going into the air intake? :/ so that would leak at the base of the internal flue where it meets the condense?

If it is depends where the flue is located

Would leak down internally on the boiler

Could there be a gutter, or somthing else leaking? This could be above the flue,

Could there be a gutter, or somthing else leaking? This could be above the flue,

Flue is located below an eaves/gutter (within standards) and protrudes past this about 200mm to clear the eaves. So don't get it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 18ri in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Hi all, 12 year old boiler, regularly serviced working fine, then wife turned on hot water and it stopped working. Same then with CH. Left it for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
We are experiencing an issue with CH short cycling on a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25i ErP boiler. From a cold start the boiler fires for only ~25...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock