Discuss Will the system still work if I add an extra radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty32

Good morning gents

I've been asked to install an extra radiator in the lounge of my friends house but my question is am I ok to install an extra radiator on the system without causing any problems I.e boiler not being able to cope with the extra size on the system or am I just better of changing the original one for a larger size or BTU's?

Many thanks for any help in advance

Martyn

if the system works now it will work with an extra rad in theory theres a limit for each boilers out put but dont think ive ever seen a systemm not work due to one extra rad

what size of boiler is it ?? what is the total heat requirement ?? if its a standard sized house with a 28kw boiler then you'd be fine, if its a large house with an 18kw system boiler and you add one more rad that may be pushing the limits, you have to look out for these things but mostly it will be fine.

Thanks to you too GQ67 much appreciated and apologies for the late reply also!

in theroy!
the original boiler should have been sized with an allowance for expansion so unless the system has already had extra rads or the boiler was size incorrectly it should be capable of running an extra radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will the system still work if I add an extra radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Bit of advice please I want to add extra radiator in the lounge which is approximately 9 foot away from the one in the hall which is the last...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock