Search the forum,

Discuss Who needs a marketing department...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

... when your competitors send out tweets like this:

tweet.jpg

Are they really the biggest I know they are the most expensive, or at least they were when I last used them 5 years ago.
Me thinks someone might be getting a polite talking to regarding that tweet though

I think Travis Perkins (BSS) are biggest Rob... Especially with number of branded retail outlets they have. With F&P they provide to most INDEPENDENT wholesalers. :(

I think that worldwide, including their European and US operations, Wolseley probably are the biggest plumbers merchant.

In this country, TP and all their subsiduaries are the biggest general merchant, but a lot of their turnover is in non-plumbing stuff.

St Gobain (Jewsons and Grahams in the UK) are also pretty big.

Williams & Co are apparently the 32nd largest in the UK, according to a report that I got through the post yesterday. Mind you, I think that was just an ego-stroke, since they wanted me to pay ÂŁ500 for the full report. Yeah, right! Filed in the round filing cabinet.

I think that worldwide, including their European and US operations, Wolseley probably are the biggest plumbers merchant.

In this country, TP and all their subsiduaries are the biggest general merchant, but a lot of their turnover is in non-plumbing stuff.

St Gobain (Jewsons and Grahams in the UK) are also pretty big.

Williams & Co are apparently the 32nd largest in the UK, according to a report that I got through the post yesterday. Mind you, I think that was just an ego-stroke, since they wanted me to pay ÂŁ500 for the full report. Yeah, right! Filed in the round filing cabinet.

32nd largest in size, but number one in service and hospitality :)

did I ever mention I like free stuff ray??? ;-)

Aye Plumb Center

Mira Excell Cartridge 154 + vat

On line 109 inc + delivery.

Have told the customer to order it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who needs a marketing department...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a andrews water heater engineer who doesn't scratch his head when he turns up Getting fault a11 West Yorkshire
Replies
Views
I will need: install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend for new W/C install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend with new gully pot at rear of new extension for sink waste clean water pipe carry out 2 x Lead connections with a new T section No excavation needed, all is digged out.
Replies
Views
Hi I have a worchester heat slave 18/25 and continually needs bleeding of the Kero, runs all day when bled. when it cuts out on the stat it wont start again without bleeding
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock