Discuss who/ how is flue put through a flat roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

Just to confirm all gas work is being carried out by a gas safe engineer and will be registered with building regs. i am pricing for whole house heating and hot water and need to know who usually fits flue through flat roof. boiler is worcester and i have price for flat roof flue flashing but want to know how these fit and is it a roofers job usually. neither myself or my gas engineer have has experience putting flue through roof all previous jobs have just been putting through wall.

The flue is to go through a garage flat roof and the garage is being built in the next few weeks so in this instant would you usually clamp pipe to wall/joists and leave it down to builders to build roof around or would you fit flue through roof afterwards? if so how do you fit the flashing to maintain a water tight seal?

As stated am using a gas safe engineer just need advice about flashing in flat roof really as both of use have no previous experience with this.

Advice much appreciated

flat roofs i would put the flue through stick flashing in place with flashband and then up to the customerto get roofer to permenantly seal

As above and make sure there's plenty of clips on it and screwed as they arnt gental :D

As its new arrange to be onsite the day the roofer comes to felt the roof then he can go over your flashing kit once you put it into the right place

new flat roof, go for fibre glass then its a really easy job to seal in. Plus fibre glass will outlast any felt roof :)

Consider position of joists supporting roof and distance from perimeter or abutments so as not to compromise flashing kit or other roof flashings. Felt should be upturned into a weather collar.

I've done a few with the silicone flashes, pretty simple as the usually come with fixings and sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to who/ how is flue put through a flat roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
T
Morning, Im in a top floor tenement flat with access to the attic space. I have a combi boiler with flue that emits vertically up through the...
Replies
Views
Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock