Search the forum,

Discuss Which wet/dry vac and powerflusher? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nat

Hi all,

Looking for a couple of recommendations please.

For the wet and dry vac I'm looking to pay around £120. Is capacity important? Can you get them bagless? Any of them particularly suited to our job?

With the powerflusher I have a budget of around £800. Is this enough to get anything descent? There is this one on ebay but it just looks a bit 2-bob in my opinion:

Power flushing and descaling pump. | eBay

Really would like to go for something like a Kamco but maybe my budget is too small? Is buying second hand a good idea?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Nat

Id also be interested in the response to this thread and also How do you guys modify your vacs to fit onto pipes or don't you?

ive got a Charles (wet & dry) version of the Henry. its o.k for water altho in my opinion its capacity isnt great.... it could do with being a bit more powerfull... a mate has one that he bought from wicks about £40ish i think he said and its better bigger capacity and more powerfull... hope that helps.

You seem to be well on the upper end of the market (price wise).
I would suggest a Kamco power flush with the magnaclean attachment and to be honest I have had a £30 Wickes wet and dry that has never let me down and does everything I want. I have had this for 6 years and no problem (at that price its worth a pop).
I dont know the model but its the grey one with the black top.

Last edited:
i got one from ASDA last christmas for £25. earlex i think it is, sucks and blows a treat :)

Any cheap wet and dry will be ok really, but its best to get one that does not require different filters/bags so you can just use it from dry to wet with ease.

you dont need a adaptor to fit pipework normally, just hold it over the pipe end.

Sorry I should have said. I only use the Wickes hoover for the wet work and I have a separate one for the services and dry work. (I know that defeats the object but saves fitting and removing filters all of the time).

You seem to be well on the upper end of the market (price wise).
I would suggest a Kamco power flush with the magnaclean attachment and to be honest I have had a £30 Wickes wet and dry that has never let me down and does everything I want. I have had this for 6 years and no problem (at that price its worth a pop).
I dont know the model but its the grey one with the black top.
I think the kamco is more than 800 though

This main sound really stupid, but what are the main uses for a wet and dry vac?

Dry vac ... I use a dustpan and brush.

Wet vac - makes emptying a cistern a 30 second doddle, easy draining a radiator with no mess, great at cleaning an internal pond, etc, etc, etc. I use it less than I did in the past but do find it really useful.

It also impresses customers and it gives them confidence that you're not going to ask them to change into swimsuits.

ive just been looking at this aswell but it doesnt say whether you have to change the filters or not when going from wet to dry, ive emailed them, anybody own it?

I don't think you do as the replacement filters are both wet and dry.

think i'll be ordering it aswell, looks like it comes with a cheap paper filter though so the real price is £45

Looks like I have the earlier model than this and as I stated earlier (grey body and black lid), I only use it for wet work and so no filter required ( all the crap just collects in the bucket).

For dry work it has a paper filter that you attach to motor by an elastic band.
It just collects the dust in the bag instead of dumping it into the bucket.

This main sound really stupid, but what are the main uses for a wet and dry vac?

draining tanks and cisterns
removing water from pipework/under floor pipework to enable soldering
situations with no doc, just cut and suck the water up
cleaning/drying up spills and leaks

once you have used one you will wonder how you managed with out it.

I use it less than I did in the past but do find it really useful.

Remebered to do all those nuts up now then :grin:

You can pick up the Kamco CF30 for about 800 quid. If you can stretch to it, the CF90's the dogs bx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which wet/dry vac and powerflusher? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock