Search the forum,

Discuss Which flue gas analyser to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy a flue gas analyser pretty damn quick and am seeking advice on which ones offer the best value, and which ones to avoid (if any)?
I'd like one with either a built-in gas leak detector or can take it as a plug-in. I don't currently do a lot of servicing although it is an area I want to expand in. I'm more of a GSR plumber/heating installer.

Kane 455 is probably the most affordable/popular but doesn't have a built in or plug in gas leak detector for that you'll need an Anton sprint which at the minute is carrying some nice features on its printer. They also claim to have the cheapest running costs with regards to calibration.

if you enjoy being flash then the testo but why spend all that money when cheaper analysers do the same job

How you installing without one?

Anyway, hwos are hiring them at 20 + vat per month.

I bought the kane cpa1 kit and it comes with a hand held leak detector.

I have the Kane 455 with the CPA 1 kit too. It's easy to use and the fixed price calibrations for 5 years are a real bonus.

I have the Kane 455 with the CPA 1 kit too. It's easy to use and the fixed price calibrations for 5 years are a real bonus.
What he said I got mine from testmeter.co.uk its a sponsor on elecforum, not sure about this one and they give a discount to forum members .......

I've got the Anton evo 3..as a complete noob to using FGA, i can't complain...also gas detector plugin.

even a flea on a dead monkeys ballsac could operate a testo, i like them alot :). ive got a kane 455, its very good. I find antons tedious to use.

im assuming you have not installed a boiler for a few weeks??

Last edited:
How long does a purge take on a kane and testo?

As long as the Evo. It really really annoyed me when I bought it, no more purging....... Yeh right, and god forbid you should be in a hurry and forget to confirm in clean air.................

Hi chocco all analysers are good in there own way i started off with the testo 330 i had it for 5 years and when the 5th year came to renew the cells in the calibration i treated myself to the new 330-1ll and ive gotta say its some piece of kit, it does everything and the colour screen makes it so much better, it is very expensive thats the only downside at around £1400 depending what you get with it ,, it does everythin from tightness testing and a let by test to diff pressure readings and the memory is huge , does everything it says on the tin

What area are you from ?

I bought a testo 3 years ago, still all packaged, never used and stuck in the cupboard! Why? I bought it then my boss decided he was supplying them on the companyto all engineers !!! Argh, sods law !
I dont need one anymore, so will get it go quite cheap. It will need calibrating though after that long in the box! ;(

And cells, Toggles.

stick it on eBay.

i bought a Testo 310 last year, it's their value range and does me ok. Had a 327 before but on the third year it was about £300 for cells and calibration. flogged it on eBay for £200 as it was, bought the 310 printer kit for £399 + vat. In a couple of year I'll do the same again. Testo is 30 second purge.

Anton printers are the best.

They all cost a fortune to buy, own and maintain.

And cells, Toggles.

stick it on eBay.

i bought a Testo 310 last year, it's their value range and does me ok. Had a 327 before but on the third year it was about £300 for cells and calibration. flogged it on eBay for £200 as it was, bought the 310 printer kit for £399 + vat. In a couple of year I'll do the same again. Testo is 30 second purge.

Anton printers are the best.

They all cost a fortune to buy, own and maintain.

...Couldn't agree more with you Nostrum.... I Could have kicked my boss up the back end at the time.... needed the job though, so didnt ! Ha

Kane 455CPA1 kit is the way to go had no problems as yet, you'll need to change the bag it comes with though would not survive the back of the van!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which flue gas analyser to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock