Discuss Which FGA Should I Buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Folks,

I am looking to get my first FGA after passing my ACS yesterday for the first time. There are a lot out there tbh and I am a bit confused. For now my only requirements are to have a FGA and kit that will allow me to service and commission the full range of domestic natural gas and LPG appliances. I would also like to be able to email results/Bluetooth results to my Apple iPhone for sending off to customers etc to keep paperwork down. If there is an app out there that will generate certificates for landlords automatically that would be great too. Finally, if it automatically reminds me to call customers to book in the service down the line that would be icing on the cake.

What do you all think? (Apart from I have too many wishes :) ).

Welldone passing acs. Ive got Anton analyzer but you might be better off getting a cheaper TPi or similar to get you going. I've started using Gas Engineer Software, does all the things you want.

Are you going to do your LPG ticket or have you done it the other day.

Kane servicing is reasonably priced by comparison

Think the new 455 can Bluetooth straight from analyser to phone

Always had a Kane, currently got a 455 which I like very much, reasonable servicing costs too

Am looking at the Kane 455 with Bluetooth module. Seems to fulfil my requirement to send data to my iPhone for emailing and logging. This is what I am getting for ÂŁ887.10p inc. VAT. Is there anywhere you guys know I can get this lot for less?

As KANE455 but also includes a flow-cup with digital
thermometer, 1 x pressure hose, 2 x KPCP
clamp-on pipe probes and a KANE IRP infra-red
printer. Supplied in hard carry case.
Bluetooth wireless module for KANE425/450/451/455/457.
Appliance sampling probe kit. 3 probes with handle/hose
assembly

I get the stuff straight from Kane, perhaps your already doing that croft?

If your going to use the electric manometer on it, I'd get an Anton pressure relief valve, makes life alot easier imo

Think I will go with a normal manometer. Less to go wrong with it!

Deffo easier with a normal. And may in suggest a regin premier 45 single sided.
Love mine.
The digital manometer is mint in principal but a pia in action as it simply takes longer as the lcd is slower to respond...

And even worse with lpg lol as pressures are higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which FGA Should I Buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am in the process of trying to open a new Plumbing Wholesalers in Wales / Western England. I have identified distributors and...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock