Discuss Where to get a 3/8 cistern Plug? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikewt

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Does anyone know where to get a Geberit 3/8 cistern plug by thursday?

I thought it was going to be easy but they seem to be harder to find than expected.

If all else fails, i'm going to try and use a cistern bolt kit but would rather use the correct bung if i can get one?

Thanks in advance.

Try calling into a high end bathroom showroom and ask if you can Nick one off a display.

to plug what in the cistern?

is that like an euro overflow blank size? never seen a euro cistern with an overflow blanked as they always have internal overflow that i've seen.

wouldn't that stopper from toolstation work with ct1 or similar?

As long as the overflow is adequate the water level will never reach the hole in question so anything that covers the hole will suffice, as above, some CT1 and/or a 1'' tap washer on the inside could be used if you want to waterproof it. A 3/8'' tap washer could also be used to centre it in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where to get a 3/8 cistern Plug? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
Back