Discuss where to fit draining taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rav

Hi everyone, I haven't got much plumbing experience, but despite this I'm attempting to fit a whole new system in our house: boiler stove, thermal store, water underfloor heating, new bathroom! I'm reasonably handy(I hope).

Anyway, first thing is plumbing in the boiler stove. I've drilled two holes through the side of the brick fireplace. They are such that the pipes leave the boiler at 45 deg and then run for about a meter before getting another 45 deg elbow to go vertically up to the first floor.

So my first question is: I'm guessing I need to put draining taps on the 'flow' and 'return' pipes? Can i do this by adding straight down bits of pipe joined to that first meter run.
My concerns are airlocks or any other interference during normal working and also that I'll never be able to get all the water out from the boiler and the pipe on the boiler side of the proposed draining tap runs.
(There is very little room beside the boiler stove on the inside of the fireplace so all works kind of have to be on the outside of the fireplace).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Drain cock on the return at the boiler or if four tapping on the boiler use a spare one at the bottom and plug the other spare. Air lock will not be a problem if installed to manufacturers instructions as pipes need to rise/flow fall/return all the way to the thermal store

get some one in if you are not competent as a solid fuel appliance is as dangerous as gas in regards to carbon monoxide

Hi Ecowarm,

Thanks for the reply. So perhaps i can just use one of the four tappings(lower one) and this will be the lowest point and not interfere with pipes at all. Sounds like a good plan - is this what you meant?
I will get someone I know who is competent to verify but can't afford to pay someone to do the work.

Cheers for your quick response.

hiya rav u always put ur drain tap at the lowst point ov ur system hope this helps

Cheers jam, that fits with the previous advice as well, so thank you...

If you have any drops, each of those needs a drain cock too.

Don't forget you need to do your job through Building Control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where to fit draining taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock