Search the forum,

Discuss Where do I stand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Hey guys did a bathroom install and everything was perfect, the custard was great and I walked away being owed £500 she had payed me over the course of the job anyways now I'm done and I have left she's saying everything is awful, I'm like what the fck??? She's saying to put right what I've done wrong would cost her £567 to get someone out to make right, I asked her what she wasn't happy about n she said everything, I have had 4 people to come n look at the job and they were all like wow great bathroom so I'm puzzled where do I stand if she don't pay me the rest? Can I go back and take all tiles down n stuff? I'm fuming

You can't go and rip stuff of the walls unfortunately. Small claims court is your best bet. Keep all communication civil. Don't use the phone, write emails, better still send letters recorded delivery. By law she has to give you the opportunity to correct any problems, so by denying you that right she's lowering her chances of any court decision going in her favour.

As above, apart from tell her there is no warranty until paid in full. That means leaks, faulty taps, wastes, showers etc etc.
lay it on thick, make her think it's worth her while stumping up.

My dad had a similar situation years ago with a heating system, luckily enough the job went proper pear shaped. Le blanc boiler! Anyway, my dad kept on getting calls. He just said, no warranties until. You stump up.

How amazing !
the ammount to put correct is just above what she owes!
Ask who has quoted that and say that any defect ( if there is any) will be put right.

As above ask for a copy of the letter headed report.

Sounds like someone over spent at Christmas

Over spent and her mate is a twonk. He's probably said he could do better and that you've fleeced her.... He's diy and shops at B&Q so if he's cheaper ......

I had a similar thing happen me when a guy I did work for (very top quaity, so no complaint there) near a couple years previous, suddenly sent me a recorded delivery nasty letter which demanded I paid him all the money back. It was sent about 2nd January. Christmas must have been hard for him. He didn't get anything from me, except a bill for the rest he owed me! :smile:
I agree with all the above, - keep everything polite, to the point, reminding her of the facts & take her to small claims as last resort. You have to show you tried your best to deal with her allegations & she has to prove your work or materials is flawed.

She owes you £500.

To put right is £567- that's a strange figure to kick off with.

She's trying it on. As said, keep it polite, send invoices & final invoices as you need to have tried to get the money before you take it to court (as again said).

These people, I ask you.

I hope you get it but if not go to court, add court costs etc,

Idiots

Was just thinking about this again, - You didn't mention what exactly she is complaining about. If she is just saying she thinks "everything is awful" then put it in writing the question to her - What SPECIFICALLY does she ALLEDGE is wrong with your work?
She will have to prove your work is not good enough, in court. That would mean that unless it was a complete mess & a few photos to the judge would be so obvious of bad workmanship, she would have to have an expert give a report of your work. No Joe Diyer Bloggs can just go to court & say in their opinion it's done wrong & be automatically accepted by a judge.
£567 is an odd amount! Sounds invented! Judge will see that straight away & also that it is conveniently for her, just over what she still owes you, therefore wiping her debt. Judges are not stupid.

Last edited:
I had this once when subbing for a black country bathroom company,the fact that they had messed client about on deliveries etc meant that at the end of job they messed about regarding payments etc and tried to withhold final payment which was my installation fee saying they were not happy with job.So one evening I went round when the guy was out and explained to his wife the situation that it was my money they were holding back and not the companys and that I would rectify any faults she said she was happy with job but it was her husband who was twisting the knife just to get at company she wrote me a cheque direct with an extra 25 on top that was the first and last time I worked for that company..brum

Did you ever get yer dough bud not heard from yer in a while..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do I stand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in kitchen which is next to boiler and cold main in, it came on after a few seconds longer than norm I thought just a blip, but this weekend and since...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been working for myself for around 2 years now and I have started doing work for bathroom shower in Glasgow. It worked great at the start they supply materials and customer and I supply trades with an invoice sent on completion. It's gotten to the point where he owes me for 3...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock