Discuss What's been going on with the forum then? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought i'd been banned..............perhaps we should celebrate with a grand opening of John Cropps wallet!........a nice sedate glass of Merlot please John.

Is normal service resumed?! Thank god for that. Poor old rays profits were falling!

Missed you all!

Lets all meet up Friday in the arms after work and buy Dan the beers - Croppie can be
behind bar with his tutu on - Cheers Dan CHking

Croppie in a tutu , i think im blow drying my hair on friday

On second thoughts il be thirsty and il take my camera along, Dan deserves a case of beer from each user me thinks

Nah, keep the beers.

You do good buying from the sponsors like Ray (and please do consider the others like the web design guy and invoicing firm etc etc first). They literally bank roll the forum.

I get grilled a lot on the sparky forum for "earning millions" when in actual fact I live quite a humble life. Holiday just gone was the first in 4 years. Etc etc don't get the violins out.

I'd make a shed load more if I sold on the forums (and I used to on my first tile forum, used to sell tools and training) but those forums don't last.

What works as a business model, although I don't earn loads, is us making sure we keep just enough regular sponsors to fund the forum and things like this. And you guys buying off them keeps them as sponsors. So I don't need to find other ways to make this work.

I had a kind offer to have a donation from a kind guy (wont mention names, the guy later said he was a new business too, bless him, as if I'd take his money) and I said no, just buy off a sponsor if they seem reasonable on things you buy. And always consider them first. And TELL THEM WHEN YOU BUY OFF THEM THAT YOU DID SO BECAUSE THEY SPONSOR THE FORUM.

That keeps me in a job, to do this stuff for a living.

Sod the beers this friday. I'm celebrating now but not too heavy as it's a school night.

But just keep doing what you're doing here. You lads are sound. Sparky lads are in a league of their own they're a weird bunch. Had them spreading the word that we'd shut down and they were promoting other forums. Niiiiiice. Just what we need eh?

Love you lot. :)

That said, wouldn't mind seeing croppie in his tutu again. Last time was a laugh.

Great words Dan, and we'll all save 20quid on not buying a case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's been going on with the forum then? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
You can now subscribe to the forum and browse with no sponsors ads (there will still be a list in the main plumbing forum to show you who is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
I thought explaining why we have the system in place will help you guys get over it. It's to do with our search engine rankings, and how much...
Replies
Views
Just letting you guys and gals know that the advent winnings (including forum hats) will be going out in batches. We did this on all three forums...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock