Discuss What Will Be Needed For ACS Portfolio? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working as a plumber at present, and thinking of doing a gas course with a view to becomming Gassafe regd.

What needs to go in the ACS portfolio? How many jobs do I need to put in it, and what sort of jobs?

I don't really have much idea about what is needed for ACS to qualify me to fit boilers mainly. How difficult is it to get through the exams and practicals as a new entrant to the gas industry? How long does it take from beginning to taking ACS test/exams? How tough will it be?

Any advice really appreciated, especially from those who were in a similar position to me.

Im currently doing my ACS portfolio at the moment,basically from what i got told i need to do is about 13 jobs but more is good if you can do them. Its like 3 let by and tightness tests,3 appliance service and breadowns,gas rates,standings pressures and working pressures. Flue flow tests,combustion performance test and just all things that you'd be doing as a gas engineer. As for how long that depends on if you can get to work with a gas engineer,you'd do it quite quick if you was,and as for the exams thats just down to studying hard. Hardest bit for me to get my head round was purging but ok once you've done afew.

the 6129 doesnt reduce any prior expeirnce time mate, your still a cat 3 so will need 240 days signed experience

I filled out my ACS portfolio with boiler installs, cant remember exactly how much days it was I think it was 35+ anyhow plus was at college learning about it as part of my apprenticeship...so Only was doing CCN1 and CEN1 Went back at a later date and done Combustion Analysis cookers and fires assessments

Mine was 4 weeks Gas Foundation course (full time)
Then go away and do a portfolio as described in previous comments
Then back to do the exams, which are all open book except one (all the exams are probably the easiest exams ive done in my life)
i was 5 weeks in total at college/training centre
6 months building my 50 job portfolio

I am working as a plumber at present, and thinking of doing a gas course with a view to becomming Gassafe regd.

What needs to go in the ACS portfolio? How many jobs do I need to put in it, and what sort of jobs?

I don't really have much idea about what is needed for ACS to qualify me to fit boilers mainly. How difficult is it to get through the exams and practicals as a new entrant to the gas industry? How long does it take from beginning to taking ACS test/exams? How tough will it be?

Any advice really appreciated, especially from those who were in a similar position to me.

get a Viper book off ebay & read it cover to cover.

[DLMURL]https://www.vipergas.co.uk/Customisation/Shop/1-VIPERGAS/Gas-Technical-Manuals/Domestic-Natural-Gas-Technical-Handbook-1.asp[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
thought theyd got rid of the viper book and it was only available on download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Will Be Needed For ACS Portfolio? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock