Discuss What type of toilet system is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Would I need to replace the inlet valve to do that?

Yep I've cleaned around the bottom where the seal goes - even when it closes off properly there's a very faint trickle all the time so it's not perfectly sealing.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Thanks. Would I need to replace the inlet valve to do that?

Yep I've cleaned around the bottom where the seal goes - even when it closes off properly there's a very faint trickle all the time so it's not perfectly sealing.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated.
The inlet valve will have an adjuster but tbh I can`t see where it is in the photos, pretty sure somebody here will know.

Hi guys! Sorry to revive an old thread.

So the situation hasn’t improved much even with the flush valves being replaced. I’ve asked two plumbers who think it’s because of small lime scale deposits coming off and not allowing it to seal. They haven’t mentioned replacing the inlets.

Is there another system I could explore replacing these with that don't have these issues? If so what would they be? I can then ask my Plumber for pricing. It’s getting super annoying as 2ish times out of 10 it’ll experience this problem and I have to remove the shelving to gain access to the cistern to sort it.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

I've been out to a very similar situation, it was a Grohe cistern and the flush valve was passing. I can't say it was the same design though as it was a good few years ago..
The one I saw needed a different cistern to change the brand of the flush because the fitting at the bottom where the flush valve sits was not standard and the underside was moulded with the plastic cistern - so couldn't fit any other flush valve in there.
If your flush pipe is a standard size you could just replace the whole cistern with one from most plumbers favoured brand - Fluidmaster.
Fluidmaster Concealed Cistern 6Ltr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What type of toilet system is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock