Search the forum,

Discuss What size fitting for outside meter box fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain85

Connecting to the fitting in a new inground meter box, the fitting which comes out the side, is it 3/4 inch ?

I've just connected 14 of them up and they were all 22mm, not sure if they still use the brass connector straight on the side of the metre box anymore.

normally 3/4" if its the brass fitting on the side of the box. most ive seen now you just pipe into 22mm compression elbow left on the meter union.

Use hep it's easier. Need to inset into ecv and wrap with denso - help slow gas leak

Cheers chaps, yup its the brass fitting on the right hand side. Can't use hep as I've ran out, will have to Borge it and use copper instead ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What size fitting for outside meter box fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Can I fit a water meter to this, and if so would anyone know what make and what I would need to do to fit it, picture attached
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my needs. I have therefore been trying to locate on- line the actual sizes eg length of push-fit tee, spread of branch, before I can purchase the best...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock