Discuss what qualifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi fuzzy, so this month when i complete my nvq i can take someone on straight away, having minimal plumbing experience ?

if you run your own plumbing company i dont see why not.(i may be proven wrong) to get the nvq you are known as a qualified plumber and as its an nvq you have relevant industrial experience

jury is still out on this!
i'm pretty sure that as well as the necessary quals someone requires 5 years on the job experience to train somebody up. lets face it the nvq tasks are pretty simple and some of those who have passed it could still be like the blind leading the blind if they were to take someone on

as fuzzy says though there could be an important distinction between taking someone on and being a workplace recorder.

if you are allowed to take someone on it will however be 5 years before you can put him/her on an nvq course as you won't have the experience til then to sign off tasks for him. the alternative for said trainee is to get all work assessed direct by c and g but this can be a real ballache, because you try and arrange a time for a visit when you have suitable work such as a bathroom and 9 times out of ten they are booked up which is why it is so beneficial for your trainee for you to be a workplace recorder. otherwise it will take him up to twice as long to qualify

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what qualifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock