Search the forum,

Discuss what qualifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim1984

what qualifications (if any) or how long experience and also what insurances would someone need to take on a person so that they can do there nvq level2?

thought city and guilds require 5 years min experience from an employer/mentor

you probably do need a minimum of 5 years experience with the nvq aswell

not sure about insurance but you just need to be working as a plumber to take them on
are you asking what you need to be a workplace recorder

is this the requirement then ? does anyone know

requirement for what? take on an apprentice? dont think so, you just need a plumbing firm.

if your asking about being a workplace recorder you need 5 years experience, im guessing this is where this has come from

i think the OP wants to work with someone to get his nvq, he wants to know what kind of insurances and qualifications the guy would need to be able for him to get his nvq

Hi fuzzy your quote is, if your asking about being a workplace recorder you need 5 years experience, my question is plus nvq or just nvq

to be a workplace recorder you need either 5 years experience or be qualified to level 2 NVQ

you dont need to be qualified to take a trainee plumber though, thats my point, the college can do all (+the normal ones) the assessments or you can use others to be the workplace recorder

I think with SNIPEF anyway you need to have 5 years experience and SVQ3 to take on an apprentice

I think with SNIPEF anyway you need to have 5 years experience and SVQ3 to take on an apprentice

you could be right, im not 100% sure, i just dont/didnt see why you needed anything if your working as a plumber as you may be brill but never done your own quals. I only know what a workplace recorder needs.

i know this is only for snipef to do the apprenticeship but if you werent a member of snipef you could still probably train an apprentice just dont get the help SNIPEF give you

makes sense. so this month when i complete my nvq i can take someone on straight away, having minimal plumbing experience ?

it may be 5 years post qualification experience. it is to assess a trade anyway

maybe tamz can clarify he's a member of SNIPEF, although this is a scottish and northern ireland employers federation doesnt cover england or whales, incase any one reading doesnt know and gets confused.

hi fuzzy, so this month when i complete my nvq i can take someone on straight away, having minimal plumbing experience ?

if you run your own plumbing company i dont see why not.(i may be proven wrong) to get the nvq you are known as a qualified plumber and as its an nvq you have relevant industrial experience

jury is still out on this!
i'm pretty sure that as well as the necessary quals someone requires 5 years on the job experience to train somebody up. lets face it the nvq tasks are pretty simple and some of those who have passed it could still be like the blind leading the blind if they were to take someone on

as fuzzy says though there could be an important distinction between taking someone on and being a workplace recorder.

if you are allowed to take someone on it will however be 5 years before you can put him/her on an nvq course as you won't have the experience til then to sign off tasks for him. the alternative for said trainee is to get all work assessed direct by c and g but this can be a real ballache, because you try and arrange a time for a visit when you have suitable work such as a bathroom and 9 times out of ten they are booked up which is why it is so beneficial for your trainee for you to be a workplace recorder. otherwise it will take him up to twice as long to qualify

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what qualifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just completed my NVQ 2 qualification but need to gain experience. I have messaged companies etc, but no reply from them. Is there any other avenues i could go? any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, any meter installers about? im looking to complete a course to get CCN1 qualified and met1 qualified so I can look at becoming a smart meter installer. once qualified all employers seem to want 6 -12 months experience as a meter fitter. How do you guys gain the first years...
Replies
Views
I would like to know what official qualifications the typical Plumbers Mate of today need to have to get hired.
Replies
Views
Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find an apprenticeship. I'm based near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire (between Leeds and York). Does anyone know anybody that might want to take me on as an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock