Discuss what qualifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be a workplace recorder you need either 5 years experience or be qualified to level 2 NVQ

you dont need to be qualified to take a trainee plumber though, thats my point, the college can do all (+the normal ones) the assessments or you can use others to be the workplace recorder

I think with SNIPEF anyway you need to have 5 years experience and SVQ3 to take on an apprentice

I think with SNIPEF anyway you need to have 5 years experience and SVQ3 to take on an apprentice

you could be right, im not 100% sure, i just dont/didnt see why you needed anything if your working as a plumber as you may be brill but never done your own quals. I only know what a workplace recorder needs.

i know this is only for snipef to do the apprenticeship but if you werent a member of snipef you could still probably train an apprentice just dont get the help SNIPEF give you

makes sense. so this month when i complete my nvq i can take someone on straight away, having minimal plumbing experience ?

it may be 5 years post qualification experience. it is to assess a trade anyway

maybe tamz can clarify he's a member of SNIPEF, although this is a scottish and northern ireland employers federation doesnt cover england or whales, incase any one reading doesnt know and gets confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what qualifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock