Search the forum,

Discuss What height should a AAV be under bath? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm installing a new bathroom. I have a combined drain for the bath and shower (2 x 40mm >> 50mm >> stack) and have a McAlpine VP2 AAV to fit under the bath to avoid syphoning of the shower trap. Is this type of AAV correct and how high does it have to be above the bath/shower traps? Thank you.

As it’s a1 you can have it where ever you want height wise as it’s Permitted to be located below flood level of connected appliances

Reply to What height should a AAV be under bath? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am fitting a new bathroom, and changing the layout. I've fitted one bathroom before, but I did have issues with smells occasionally, that makes me think I might be fitting the waste system wrong. Does anyone with experience know, does the below look okay? I've read on some places...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock