Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What charity or charitable organisation do you support? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toxic Ted

We have had forum members or contributors talking about charities and charitable organisations who they support in various ways, one of which was a popular (and i use that term loosely) mod talking about the Masons charitable contributions and i was wondering what other charities are supported by forum contributors. Today i have joined the RNLI as a member mainly because i am a diver and i may one day require their services so who do you support if any?

We regularly contribute to the local air ambulance by monthly DD and the red cross.
The Red cross talked the wife into a DD but that's as much, if they keep ring to ask for more then there gonna lose it all!! and the Air ambulance is on a DD I used to have a Bike so thought like you one day i may need it!!

Cancer research, grandfather died of lung cancer and help for heroes.

Anybody that pesters me though gets nowt.

NOT RSPCA! But pay a regular dd to a Romanian dog shelter, wife and mates do about ÂŁ1k a month. Heavily support I.e. Wife runs an animal rehome shelter. RSPCA and everyone else's unwanted piggies end up in our facility. Have about 50 in ours at moment. Get deliveries of veg to house!

I'll support a lot of charities ad hoc - I.e. RNLI whenever passing a station or collection. But I support NSPCC by DD every month.

There's a lot of very worthy charities out there, but unfortunately I don't have the money to support all.

the AW curry fund is the one i put funds to.

also guide dogs for the blind.

NSPCC as a corporate thing.

Plus anything that one of our staff are doing for their pet charities - we usually sponsor whatever daft thing they are prepared to do.

One of the recent faves was the "drag a rad" sponsored contest against some customers for the NSPCC. The contestants are harnessed to a large radiator (I think they were 600 x 1800 K2) and they have to drag them across Lee on Solent beach. Much harder than it looks. :)

I'm a member of the Woodland Trust, Sussex Wildlife Trust and RSPB. I volunteer as a photographer, walk leader and work party leader for the woodland trust. I help out various small canine re homing groups run by friends occasionally. I take part in a few displays each year for charity events. I repaired a Morco water heater F.O.C. at the Barby Keel animal sanctuary about a month ago (they weren't expecting a freebie but I couldn't bring myself to charge ).

We also take part in a few charitable dog walks every year.

The guy I did my apprenticeship with had a heart transplant last summer, two months later he was back working thanks to the support he was given by a charity called New Start, so any jobs we do together all scrap monies get sent straight to them.

As well as the Masonic charities and whichever charity we're supporting each year I support The Anthony Nolan Trust and Dogs Trust.

I also give blood regularly, the last pint was for Howsie!

Can't quite do the giving blood thing! needles and the sight of blood!! but i am on the donor list for what ever is useful when i'm gone!!

I also give blood regularly, the last pint was for Howsie!

Blood donoring really wound me up a while ago.

I was diagnosed with a condition called polycythemia, which is an excess of red blood cells, causing a thickening of the blood. This can cause problems with the heart, and indeed I presented originally as the classic middle-aged, overweight businessman with chest pain.

The treatment is devastatingly simple - they extract a pint of blood, and flush it down the sink. At one point, they were doing this to me every fortnight, for about 2 years, then less frequently for another 3 years.

I asked if they couldn't use the blood, and they said "no".

I asked what was wrong with it - because the condition is not actually a blood problem, its to do with the bone marrow not turning off its red blood cell making process. The blood itself is fine.

They agreed that the blood was fine, and could be used, except policy said that blood extracted as part of a treatment had to be thrown away.

So there you go - over the years, they have extracted nearly 50 litres of blood from me, and flushed the lot.

Worse than HMRC!

Anyone that buys Bosch products may not realise they are contributing to charity with each purchase.

The charity owns 92% of Bosch shares and the rest are owned by the family.

[DLMURL="http://www.bosch-stiftung.de/content/language2/html/1316.asp"]Robert Bosch Stiftung - Health[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I support 'Shine' which is a charity that helps families and affected people who have spina bifida and hydrocephalus. My friends kid has it, and he is the happiest kid I know, makes you wonder why people (inc me) moan about such small things in life in comparison with what he is having to deal with.

We have had forum members or contributors talking about charities and charitable organisations who they support in various ways, one of which was a popular (and i use that term loosely) mod talking about the Masons charitable contributions and i was wondering what other charities are supported by forum contributors. Today i have joined the RNLI as a member mainly because i am a diver and i may one day require their services so who do you support if any?

we sponser a guide dog,and get photo's of them.We brought back a Labrador from Australia.Never give anything to African countries ,so the local dictator can send his missus shopping in Paris,and maintain a fleet of Mercs,a good mate of mine in AUS,was brought up in Zimbabwe,Mugabe ordered a brand new fleet of mercs,but no one could service them properly at the time,so a few years later they all grind to a halt.One night at about 8.30 had a bloke at the door wanting me direct debit details for charity to Africa,i told him this and told him to bugger off

I sadly lost mum just a few weeks ago.

British Heart foundation is the top of my list now.

I sadly lost mum just a few weeks ago.

British Heart foundation is the top of my list now.

Lost my dad last year through cancer and my mum a couple of years earlier after a series of strokes, when mum died a friend said "it`s just our age mate" and out of all the well wishes somehow that one raised a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What charity or charitable organisation do you support? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was...
Replies
Views
i'm trying to reply to a kind member who posted on my thread about central heating issues in the CH forum - but i keep getting this message...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to be able to learn some things as well as contribute as best I can. This might seem like an odd...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock