Search the forum,

Discuss What centers for a 600mm towel rail? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anybody know what centers I have to have for 1st fixing a 600mm curved towel rail? I seem to have 570mm in my mind for some reason.

what i meant was its 35mm less than whatever the width is. which in this case is 565 for a 600mm wide

I find it's usually 565mm butsome can be 5-10 mm different either way, which can make the pipework look a bag of bollx if your coming horizontally out of a stud wall! I usually get the customer to get the rad in when I start first fix or tell them it may look crap if not!

Does anybody know what centers I have to have for 1st fixing a 600mm curved towel rail? I seem to have 570mm in my mind for some reason.

Looking at Myson Avonmore rad and it's 558.
Can you get the spec from the net?
Or do your 1st fix with a bit of play in it.

Without right measurements it's a guessing game.

Looking at Myson Avonmore rad and it's 558.
Can you get the spec from the net?
Or do your 1st fix with a bit of play in it.

I thought that and tried to get measurements but gave up. The floor isn't being tiled so I told him I alter the pipes when they come.

Hi there 570 centres without element 490 with element tee and elbow. 125 mm from wall

Normally 550-565 depending on the make, I normally make sure I know exactly what is being fitted before I first fix so I can look up the technical data on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What centers for a 600mm towel rail? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock