Discuss What can be done about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
In the middle of an ensuite upgrade. Have fitted the wall boards instead of tiles.

Room will need decorating afterwards. We have cut/knocked the coving out in the shower area so we can fit the boards to the ceiling.

Customer is not having the ceiling skimmed or anything, said they will just be painting it.

I know they are going to moan about the coving need making good. Obviously we will be scraping the lumps out won't leave it as it but I can still see there being an issue.

What can we use to make it look presentable?

I did put in the quote that all decorating is down to customer and needs to be done when we are finished. - saves us putting up with customer coming in and scraping wall paper off while we're trying to fit the enclosure around them. But I can see their point if they argue we've messed their ceiling.

See photos.

Thanks

IMG_20190613_150603.jpg

That was the plan hammer but It would have sat too proud and would have stood out too much.

Hard to tell that from the photos but the boards were a lot thicker.

Screwfix do a fancy plastic stick on trunking called D line quarter trunking covers that i reckon

Will check it out thanks. Its of those where we could argue the toss but for the sake of not getting a bad name I want to sort it. Guy I'm working with reckons just clean it up and let them deal with it. My name on the job so doing it my way.

I know it doesn’t help now, but for next time. Fit up to the bottom square edge of the coving - sometimes that will be just fine as is. In a case like yours where the board sticks out proud- put another piece of edging trim along the top and mitre the corner of the trim. It looks really tidy this way.
That is a big ugly trim too, get the small square edge trim that just laps around 4/5 mil.

To get over that abortion I think I would remove the remains of the coving in that corner and attach some flat board / soffit on the appropriate width, attach it to the ceiling and butt it up to your boards.

TBH any decent decorator will be able to sort that

Remove the rest of the coving e

Reply to What can be done about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which...
Replies
Views
Back