Search the forum,

Discuss Wet underfloor heating and wet room tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening all,

Currently on a refurb project where the master en suite is having a level access shower, abacus elements, whilst at the same time having wet underfloor heating using and overlay system with 16mm pipework. What is the general feeling of running underfloor heating under here? I imagine you'd want to have a warm shower area but could it damage the membrane that will be installed to tank the area.

Many thanks

Shouldn't cause an issue if the UFH is running at the right blended temps.

Not a fan of heating the actual shower area. But thats just me.

Don't bother, it dries out the trap and with an elements tray (50/25mm insulation board) no heat will get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet underfloor heating and wet room tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
C
Hi folks, Might be a stupid question but I currently have a wet room shower in place with a waste trap but I am looking to convert to a shower tray with raiser kit. Is there an easy way to connect shower waste from tray to wet room trap using an adapter of sorts? I am trying to avoid ripping...
Replies
Views
Void under shower former My recently installed solid resin shower tray / wet room former has around 4mm flex across a dinner plate sized area in the middle. It's on a concrete base that was unevenly screeded over. The gap will likely be under 10mm. It has not yet been tanked or tiled but would...
Replies
Views
I have a OMNIE designed wet underfloor heating system on three floors. Ground and 2nd floors work well with those two floors having a single manifold and recirculating pump for the various zones. On the 1st floor the rooms are split over two manifolds each with its own recirculating pump...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone have any advice on fitting a natural stone resin bath and shower trays over wet UFH. I have been advised that the bath could be in danger or cracking if the UFH runs above 35 degrees but this is probably not going to be the temperature needed to keep the house warm as it is the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock