Discuss Well It Worked Before You Touched It. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be fair guys, the OP is stressed because he has two baybeees and no hot water.
They will probably freeze to death overnight or succumb to an awful malady caused by not showering for a day or so.

Before anyone comes up with a sarcastic comment, I understand that Argos have ran out of electric kettles and oil filled radiators!!

It would be interesting to know what this plumber charged the new system up to before it went pop ?? you se'em whacking in 1.5 -2 bar to a system that has only ever had less the 0.5 in it.

It would be interesting to know what this plumber charged the new system up to before it went pop ?? you se'em whacking in 1.5 -2 bar to a system that has only ever had less the 0.5 in it.

What would you cold charge it to Chris?

It's like servicing old boilers, you flick the pilot off and then it won't hold when you come to relight so a new thermocouple is required. Obviously my fault as it worked before I touched it..... custards hey.

At some stage in its life the system is going to have to take three bar. Might as well be while your there to attend to it. Half a bar for half an hour then up to two on test.

a lot of mi's say run the preasure up to lift/test the prv
Why ??????
MM
What ever the highest most point of the system above the gauge / fill point, determines the cold fill pressure (& that of the expansion vessel) or if the boiler has a low water cut out it would need to be set to this to allow boiler to fire. In a normal house 0.6 - 1 anything more & you are asking for trouble don't you think ????

I agree with Leo, I whack it up to 2.5 bar then vent, for one it's quicker and saves running up and down the stairs! Also I would rather it popped when my tools were still out than in an hours time when I'm sat at home eating my tea!

Chances are the expansion vessel will lose charge over time so the pressure will enevitably rise to risky levels at so at some point.

If it pops and its a sod to fix its chargeable as per terms and conditions.

I agree with Leo, I whack it up to 2.5 bar then vent, for one it's quicker and saves running up and down the stairs! Also I would rather it popped when my tools were still out than in an hours time when I'm sat at home eating my tea!

Chances are the expansion vessel will lose charge over time so the pressure will enevitably rise to risky levels at so at some point.

If it pops and its a sod to fix its chargeable as per terms and conditions.
I agree with you on this but so long as the custard knows the score & will pay !! You are at the end of the day fitting a new boiler to an old system not a new one, lots of things can happen overtime cant they??

Yes true it's more a case of me feeling comfortable walking away without being paranoid it's going to pop any time soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Well It Worked Before You Touched It. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Electrical Wholesaler - POLLTIME! PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS VIA FACEBOOK...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back