Discuss Websites?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.
i have been thinking of getting a website for a while now and was looking at ways to go, i have a low budget which makes it harder, i got a call today and was being offered a 17 page site for £100 a year plus the vat. however my thoughts are that i could probably make a site for alot less but where the hell do i start? i need a .co.uk site address and i need some design software i guess.

Has anyone here built their own site and if yes then how did you do it? and what costs were involved.

Cheers guys

J

hi j,
i used reg 123 to build a website, didnt go to well, it got lost. (totally my fault, i pressed wrong button) reg123 aftersales could of helped me but decided not too

hosting the website you have designed for a year is about 50 quid.
registering your domain about 30 quid

your supposed to have one page free with the above deal, if you do it wrong you wont.
do you really need so many pages??

good luck
shaun

If you've got the time you could get a book from the library and learn how to do it yourself. Depending on your background, it's not difficult if you know what you want.

Built my own website using Dreamweaver (plus computer knowledge from over the years). I use Fasthosts which costs me £6.00 a month.

Can't you just use your own computer to host the site? You just then register domain name. It then directs to your hosting computer IP address. I created a web site in html code, some free web hosting but not sure if that's just allowed for own personal pages not for business.

You don't need any software to create a website, you can do it on in notepad. I didn't have any software, it's pretty easy. If you're just doing something pretty simple all you need is notepad and paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys here is my site it takes no time at all to build I did mine in a day and cost about £6 a month and my mum could make it it is that simple . There is a link at the bottom of the page to go to the site that I did it from , I am also from 123 reg though you can swap your domain from anywhere you like .:)

Leeds plumbers

ive got a friend who is just starting a web design course and as his coursework he's doing my site for me, but until hes done i have made an image in paint for the time being and got a friend to upload it on one of his servers, i know its not the best but i made sure that all the info i needed to put on there is on there for now and when my friends finished it i will get it hosted on my friends server which will cost me £50 a year to host.

I bought my domain about 5 years ago,I use google apps to handle my domain as it's free but to do this you need to change mx and txt records.I also used google apps to create a simple site and direct my domain to it.All free.

I have recently joined your forum and am now a sponsor for this site.

I work for a website design company.

Our websites are all CMS (content management system) you can update your website from any web connected pc or laptop. You can have unlimited pages and galleries.

We offer two website solutions

• A Website template £49.99. You pick the template you like and we will put your logo on to it.

• A Bespoke website costs £299. We can design you new logo if needed and design the site to your requirements.

For more information please go to our website Affordable Web design |CMS website and ecommerce online store solutions - Mistore web designers or for some examples of our designs please look at [DLMURL="http://www.micasestudies.co.uk"]MiCaseStudies - Mistore Case Studies Site[/DLMURL] .

Please get in touch if you need any help and Good luck

Regards
Michael

Easy, Buy a Macbook it comes with the iWeb software, buy a domain name and mac account. Make your own site with iWeb (lots of templates), link it to your domain name and your away. Its so easy even i done it and you get to use a proper computer now that you have a mac.
Look here
[DLMURL="http://www.markmossplumbing.co.uk/Site_1/Home.html"]and here[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Websites?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock