Discuss Water Softener unit - Should they be cleaned periodically? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i work on comercial softeners and we carry out annual service, not much to it really, just put silicone grease on the moving shafts etc, put chlorine in the brine tank at low level to disenfect the resin bed (stuff inside the softener) , run through a regen cycle and then check for softened water on completion (you can buy a tablet kit).

i work on comercial softeners and we carry out annual service, not much to it really, just put silicone grease on the moving shafts etc, put chlorine in the brine tank at low level to disenfect the resin bed (stuff inside the softener) , run through a regen cycle and then check for softened water on completion (you can buy a tablet kit).
So bearing in mind ours hasn't been touched in 15yrs, should I get it looked at?

I would yes it's a good idea to get them serviced periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Softener unit - Should they be cleaned periodically? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock