Discuss Water quality in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

colshaws

Gas Engineer
HI, I have a friend who has a problem with as he describes it snot coming from his hot and cold water taps, sometimes its like a white jelly type substance and sometimes it can be black and a bit firmer, this is only occasionally and water flow is fine, he has contacted Essex water and they have tested the water and said it is fit to drink and have not given him any idea what may be causing it. He has a combi boiler so no water tank, anyone any ideas?

Is it a recently fitted boiler? Or has he had any work done

No work done inside the house, some work done to main supply pipe in the road but not the pipe supplying his property.Also neighbours not complaining of same fault.

Like a build up on the aerators of the taps? Toothbrush and a good cleaner normally sort it, or if the taps are old get them changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water quality in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there, i keep on getting white crystal like material blocking my hot water taps only. Started in the main showers then went onto Kitchen tap...
Replies
Views
Dal Dhesi
D
Back