Discuss Water pressure drops when neighbour's use theirs... At my wit's end! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it happen to your neighbours flat upstairs also??

Could be faulty stopcock as tge guys have suggested.

I have had blocked pipework but that tends to run full flow then die off just when you run a tap.

Sounds like probably a 3/4 or 1" iron main feeding the 4 properties that has become furred over the years . Good static pressure poor dynamic presssure. Has the plumbers checked the dynamic pressure?

Your main could run through dowstairs propertie, probably will. But it may also have a valve of sort partially shut down in your neighbours property.

Have you got your own outside stop tap in the road/on the path?

Sounds like poor mains pressure,does ewch property have its own mains?could be shared..
You could solve it by using a break tank and then feed into a pump to pressurise all your outlets.

I've had the water board out twice who have said the mains pressure is fine and when I run my taps the pressure is good. It's just this thing about it dropping off when the neighbour's use theirs.

Does it happen to your neighbours flat upstairs also??

Could be faulty stopcock as tge guys have suggested.

I have had blocked pipework but that tends to run full flow then die off just when you run a tap.

Sounds like probably a 3/4 or 1" iron main feeding the 4 properties that has become furred over the years . Good static pressure poor dynamic presssure. Has the plumbers checked the dynamic pressure?

Your main could run through downstairs properties, probably will. But it may also have a valve of sort partially shut down in your neighbours property.

I am the upstairs neighbour. Think of a rectangle split into 4. I would be top.

No idea if the dynamic pressure has been tested. I'll have to go Google that.

The whole street is the same style of houses, so from one mains point outside my gate, that supplies 2 blocks, mine and the one next door. They all say their water is totally fine.... It's just me!

Last edited:
I've had the water board out twice who have said the mains pressure is fine and when I run my taps the pressure is good. It's just this thing about it dropping off when the neighbour's use theirs.
Must all be fed off the one mains,And when someone else uses a mains fed outlet yours is last on the line.
You can avoid it by using a tank and then pumping into your combi

Might be a good idea to video the water flow from shower and a tap to show it going from good flow to poor flow to show to water authority, if no blockage or nearly closed valve is found.
You are paying for inadequate water supply

Must all be fed off the one mains,And when someone else uses a mains fed outlet yours is last on the line.
You can avoid it by using a tank and then pumping into your combi

I don't understand why it just affects me though, surely it must be something to do with my plumbing or pipes within my house?

Might be a good idea to video the water flow from shower and a tap to show it going from good flow to poor flow to show to water authority, if no blockage or nearly closed valve is found.
You are paying for inadequate water supply

That's a very good idea and im going to do that so I have evidence.

We don't pay for the water up here so unfortunately I don't have that argument with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure drops when neighbour's use theirs... At my wit's end! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock