Discuss Water collecting on main cold water pipe under kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wipe the whole arrangement dry with tissue then put a torch on it and watch. Depending on speed of condensation and/or leak you may need to pop back at regular intervals. If it gets wet in one specific place first and runs down, it's a leak. If the whole affected area gets wet at the same time/rate, it's condensation.

Wipe the whole arrangement dry with tissue then put a torch on it and watch. Depending on speed of condensation and/or leak you may need to pop back at regular intervals. If it gets wet in one specific place first and runs down, it's a leak. If the whole affected area gets wet at the same time/rate, it's condensation.

Leak hunting with tissue , have twisted kitchen roll strips and tied in simple knot , and left dangling . 1 each end ... ( don't forget to remove ! )

Touch with a dry hand , if get fed up looking .
If cold is in regular use , Cold water is about 15 deg C .

Other thoughts , has water got under sink unit from seal along counter-top or wall , now as things warm up it's attempting to dry out ... Cupboard doors open sounds like a good move.
See if bottom trim is removable for temporary ventilation/checking for big puddle .

Leak hunting with tissue , have twisted kitchen roll strips and tied in simple knot , and left dangling . 1 each end ... ( don't forget to remove ! )

Touch with a dry hand , if get fed up looking .
If cold is in regular use , Cold water is about 15 deg C .

Other thoughts , has water got under sink unit from seal along counter-top or wall , now as things warm up it's attempting to dry out ... Cupboard doors open sounds like a good move.
See if bottom trim is removable for temporary ventilation/checking for big puddle .

The guy from Homeserve (as well as myself) have checked all the usual areas for leaks. They're all fine. Bottom trim is removable and all is dry... Dirty but dry. The only thing left to check is to see if there's a micro hole at the joint.

Hi everyone. I'd like to thank you all for your help. I think I've found the culprit. The downpipe on the exterior wall was blocked and rainwater was running down the wall. Got this unblocked now.... I don't know how a tennis ball got up there??? Anyway the wall can dry now and I'll see if that sorts it out. I'll keep you posted.

Catches you out in all sorts of ways, don't it! Thanks for coming back and telling us how you got on.

Catches you out in all sorts of ways, don't it! Thanks for coming back and telling us how you got on.

It certainly does. Btw do you think the plaster will dry out or will it need to be replaced? It's a very awkward spot to replace.

Plaster will dry, but salts brought to surface can become hygroscopic. This could lead some monkey with damp meter to diagnose rising damp. Give wall plenty of time to dry out before decoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water collecting on main cold water pipe under kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock