Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss warmflow combi leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have a warm flow combined boiler and the pipe labeled domestic cold water is leaking where it goes into a metal square box. It also has a junction on it that goes to a silver connection that the hot water goes to and the other side runs into square box as well. There is water coming out at a steady/fast rate, tried turning cold water off on pipe going to boiler but makes no difference. Would it help if I turned boiler off at wall?

Nope, turning it off at wall wont help. Post a picture of leak.

call a gas safe/oftec engineer out because i think your on about the heat exchanger

Last edited:
If its what I think, and I can see a photo then its an easy fix.

Turn main stop tap off for now.

IMG_20150823_171745897.jpg

Its covered in plumbers mait in the vain hope it would stop it! But hasnt. Any advice?

Last edited:
Who's been playing with the plasticine?

Needs stripping out, cleaning up and reassembling with paste and new washers. Personally, if I was called out to this it would be a double charge for somebody playing.

Yeah me! I've used to tubes of plumbers mait! Had to empty 2litre jug 7 times today and my floor tiles are cracking because its been leaking so much.

Clean it all off and call a competent engineer out. In the mean time turn the mains stop tap off and turn it back on when you need water.

If your tiles are lifting because of water, then they havent been fitted correctly.

Yeah me! I've used to tubes of plumbers mait! Had to empty 2litre jug 7 times today and my floor tiles are cracking because its been leaking so much.

turn the mains water off to it then and open a hot tap and after a few secs the hot tap should stop, and water doesn't crack floor tiles, they would only crack if the water froze and expanded

Having another look at the picture, it looks like Morph is hugging the pipe :)

Having another look at the picture, it looks like Morph is hugging the pipe :)

:D thats what i though good old classic tv progs :)

Thanks got bloke coming tomorrow, will turn water off now. Think the water has got underneath tiles and swollen floor so when people walk on tiles they've cracked.

Thanks got bloke coming tomorrow, will turn water off now. Think the water has got underneath tiles and swollen floor so when people walk on tiles they've cracked.

well sorry to say they would of come up anyway if they were that loose

Priorities. Leak first, tiles later :)

Scrape off that muck though before they get there.

Priorities. Leak first, tiles later :)

Scrape off that muck though before they get there.

new form of pipe lagging in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to warmflow combi leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Bad leak inside bathroom walls at floor for three days. A gallon every hour. Shut off water for a few hours and leak stopped. Turned water back...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock