Search the forum,

Discuss Wall hung toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MikeF00

Hi, i am about to install a wall hung toilet (on a 'H' style frame). I have 2 questions
  1. i am going to build a wooden frame that although wont take the weight of toilet , will provide a means of attaching the backing board behind where the toilet user sits. What material should this board be?, plaster board, or some lind of thick ply?. I intend to tile it before finally attahcing the toilet base on to the steel rods.
  2. also, should the toilet sit with its back against tiles, or straight on on the ply/plasterboard?. i would like to tile the bosrd completely but worried the 'crushing ' effect on the tiles the toilet may have.

Thanks for replying. Would you sandwich tiles between toliet and ply?

Ply or tile backer board over framework then tile and grout then place toilet on, always tile behind fixtures allows for future changing of items without changing tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall hung toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the...
Replies
Views
Hi, just installing a wall hung toilet on a grohe duofix frame + hardie + metro tiles. All fine so far, just pushed the pan on rods and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is a follow-up to this post: Fit wall-hung toilet to inside stud wall? -...
Replies
Views
I have a potential issue with a toilet on a newly tiled floor and looking for some advice on acceptable tolerances and what to do. The back of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock