Discuss Very slow basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Polyhive

This basin is located in a guest bedroom and the pipework goes right across two rooms to tee into pipework from a shower and basin in the room adjacent R4. The shower and basin work fine, no issues, but the basin in room 5 is extremely slow. I dosed it with three litres of Wickes organic pipe cleaner but it has made no odds.

There is no scope that I can see to re-route the pipe work so what can I use to clean it out and improve the flow rate?

Thoughts please?

PH

You have no choice than to take it apart starting by cleaning the trap under the basin

Did it have the correct fall as outlined in the building regulations?

Yes the trap is empty first thing I checked. As for the fall....LOL I strongly suspect that building regs were never consulted. This is an old building. I am asking how to clean out the pipework without dismantling two sets of floors and carpets and taking two rooms off line whilst that is done.

PH

you could remove the trap and try getting a wet vac on it to suck any blockage out.

If it isn't the trap then its likely the poor plumbing has resulted in the pipes not self cleaning and now you have a build up of crap on the run. A few doses of pipe cleaner may be your only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very slow basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All I own 2 flats and the upstairs/first floor tenant has contacted me to say that the toilet and basin are slow at draining and she thinks...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have purchased a new build property, which has a family bathroom, cloakroom and 2 en-suite shower rooms. All 4 basins have push button...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock