Search the forum,

Discuss Veissman ,Ideal vogue or Bali Platinum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive read a lot of bad comments about the Viessman Vitodons 100 is it a newer model that's out now where the problems have been sorted out.Said they were prone too leaks with the rubber hoses.

think you will find thats the 0,50 with problems i have had not problems with the 100's i have fitted,

ive read a lot of bad comments about the Viessman Vitodons 100 is it a newer model that's out now where the problems have been sorted out.Said they were prone too leaks with the rubber hoses.

think you will find thats the 0,50 with problems i have had not problems with the 100's i have fitted,

if you couldn't fit the Veissman would you fit an Ideal Logic+ or vogue over a Baxi Platinum.

Wouldn't go ideal

Hi still need some help on choosing which boiler to install.I decide on one then it gets negative comments , seems everyone has there own preferred make and model..please help

Pays your money you take your chance. Dont matter what boiler you choose its a piece of machinery it will break down at some point. Every boiler has its faults every manufacturer will let you down at some point.

Everyone has their favourates i fit ideals never had much issues with them or service others have. Never fitted viessman but had issues with baxi service so not a fan of them.

I thnk you should focus more on the quality of the installer. Because if its not been installed properly, flushed properly etc then it doesnt matter what you fit it will be bag of spanners if not done right.

How can you tell of the quality of the installer though.Ive been stung before on a bathroom refurb.

How can you tell of the quality of the installer though.Ive been stung before on a bathroom refurb.

Check if they have reviews. I have a google business listing with reviews. Ask for references etc.

End of the day its only a boiler. I think your over thinking this. You may have watched too many episodes of rogue trader.

Check if they have reviews. I have a google business listing with reviews. Ask for references etc.

End of the day its only a boiler. I think your over thinking this. You may have watched too many episodes of rogue trader.

Looks like the general consensus is for the Viessman vitodon 100 then.Maybe I will go with that.What is difference between 100 and the 200 model.

As I have said before go with a installer who has done the training and fits them regularly for extra warranty , throughly clean the system, change all the rad valves at the very least , fit a good quality mag filter and new controls should have a trouble free system but should you be Unlucky at least the backup is in place, 100 is midrange good quality boiler , the 200 is the top of the range with weather compensation bit over above your budget that is me done now . (Baxi is still a the affordable way to go bud )

The installers have recommended Adey,magnaclean or fernox filter,is there a preference or are they all the same.

Ideal Vogue everytime you wont be disapointed but dont get the 26kw version

Good quality mag filters are worthwhile - but dont forget they only catch magnetic particles. Other sludge and scale goes unchecked.
Therefore a good quality system clean with the necessary inhibitors is far more important.

Think about it - if you stop corrosion occuring - a mag filter is redundant. So ensure the installer flushes correctly - and press them on this point, i.e how long it will take them, and believe it or not - do they own a powerflush, might sound daft but some dont and just tap-flush which isnt as effective, or they dont flush at all which can lead to warranty refusals by manufacturer's.

Dont get too hung up on the filter brand - As i say if the flush is done right and system commissioned and dosed correctly - a filter isnt a must but nevertheless extra protection that some value.

There are some who simply dont flush and will offer flannel that its not needed. Make your own mind up on that..

Baxi platinum and ideal vogue are excellent and i fit them both. Ideal slightly quieter. But baxi better back up and slightly better put together i feel.

Some baxi installers (including me) qualify for a guaranteed next day visit in the event of a breakdown as a customer of mine benefitted from. If they chose ideal, on this occasion they would have had to wait 3 days.
Thats irrespective of model for baxi & this was a duotec (simple flue thermistor fault).

I booked appointment for elderly customer 1pm yesterday - they were here and boiler repaired under warranty 11am this morning.

So customer service is paramanount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a dedicated phone number for Ideal Vogue and they are supposed to come out within 24hrs, ive fitted about 60 of these and have only had trouble with 1 it was a faulty expansion vessel which isnt made by Ideal and can go faulty on any boiler, I have the 40kw model and it works a treat.

Theres a dedicated phone number for Ideal Vogue and they are supposed to come out within 24hrs, ive fitted about 60 of these and have only had trouble with 1 it was a faulty expansion vessel which isnt made by Ideal and can go faulty on any boiler, I have the 40kw model and it works a treat.

Fitted one before Xmas, ran it with cleaner in for a couple of days with no issues, went back and drained and flushed, filled up and put inhibitors in. Then fan just started shunting, couldn't rest contacted Ideal they came out within 24hrs and replaced fan.

Not had any problems with any other Logics or Vogues, have fitted about 10 a year over 3 years. Still my boiler of choice.

You won't get ideal to back up any 10 year warranty around here .
Even the local engineers are now saying you will be lucky to get a 10 year , the logics are failing for fun as well now .
Use to love ideal won't go near them now .

You won't get ideal to back up any 10 year warranty around here .
Even the local engineers are now saying you will be lucky to get a 10 year , the logics are failing for fun as well now .
Use to love ideal won't go near them now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Veissman ,Ideal vogue or Bali Platinum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all Just gauging if there's any interest at all in this. I have an Ideal Vogue Gen2 S32 boiler. It's currently in use in my house since...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Another boiler suggestion post. 4 bed detached house built 20 years ago with cavity wall insulation and double glazing. 1 bathroom and separate...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock