Search the forum,

Discuss Veissman ,Ideal vogue or Bali Platinum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cowheat

Hi,would like some advice on which boiler to install.I have had 3 quotes for a Ideal Vogue,a Veissman Vitoden 100 and a Baxi Platinum 33kw.Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am wanting to install soon.

As above all down to price wise

I'm a fan of the Viessmann

The quotes I have had are Viessman 100 £1600,Ideal Vogue £1590 and Baxi platinum £1750 and Ideal logic+ £1390.Do any of them have any faults I should know.

All good in their own right decent warranty on them all to up to you really

From the same installer?
What else is included - filter, flush etc?

They are all from different installers but I have had quite a few out to give quotes and they all say Baxi have it all sewn up in the northeast where I am and not many will give Ideal the time of day but I really think the Vogue could be a good system.

Sorry forgot to mention they all include filters ,magnaclean or fernox sentinel condensate and controls.

They are all from different installers but I have had quite a few out to give quotes and they all say Baxi have it all sewn up in the northeast where I am and not many will give Ideal the time of day but I really think the Vogue could be a good system.
How many quotes?
Are you looking for the cheapest?

How many quotes?
Are you looking for the cheapest?

No just want to make sure I get the best boiler at the right price.Ive had two quotes for the Ideal Vogue and there was 800 between them.Dont want my eyes taking out.

I was a big fan of Ideal - Vogue as the premier option, Logic + as a mid-price. Gone off them due to their approach to warranty work... Finding non-existent faults to try and get out of warranty. I haven't fitted one for over a year now..

I fit loads of platinums never have any problems there warranty back up is ok too

10 years warranty on a Baxi platinum fitted alot of them and they work well a little bit older technology but tried and tested and no plastic components, viessmann I have done the training at their factory which was impressive and I have just quoted on my first install for a 222-f storage boiler so can't coment yet , ideal I am a member of connect and loved the mk1 logic plus+ which was great for the older generation with its digital read out telling the customer what mode the boiler was in with a 7 year warranty , but the recent mk2 which I fitted last week now has a horrible white plastic front case which will yellow and look shabby and go brittle in no time the vogue looks like a valliant eco tec plus inside so nice bit of kit but again looks like alot of plastic in the case in all honesty I am not fitting them anymore , have a look at worcester bosch 34cdi classic again tried and tested fitted one last week great boiler super quiet 5 year warranty plus 1 year extra for their new filter and another year for their controls I fitted the wave smart control so 7 years warranty and back up is good but will cost £2000+good luck with your choice regards k

Not being funny but a couple of the quotes seemed on the cheap side to me , looks a council bash fix it to the wall rads get hot YES , water gets hot YES now gimme your money and see you later .

However i would go with the baxi as its tried and tested , ideal no back up wriggle out of warranty . The veissman's i have seen have been in tatters .

The Baxis are coming in at 1800,the Viessman and the Vogue are about the same at 1600 although I did have a quote for 2450 for the vogue..Still cant make my mind up.

What are you replacing?
Is it a combi boiler if the same size?

What are you replacing?
Is it a combi boiler if the same size?

I'm replacing a Vaillant turbomax 824 24 kw , its 13 year old.Im looking to go to 28 or 33kw.

Have any mentioned upgrading the gas supply
The new boiler will also be condensing and will require a connection to drain

Have any mentioned upgrading the gas supply
The new boiler will also be condensing and will require a connection to drain

Yeh they have all mentioned about changing the gas pipe to 22 mill and drain for the condensate.

Depending on the length of the gas pipework to the appliance you may need 28mm , something dont seem right as said before seems cheap hope all goes well though

which boiler would you install king of pipes..Do yo think the Veissman Vitodon 100 is better than the Ideal Logic+ and Vogue or vice versa.

Viessman bud get a registered installer and you will get 10 years warranty , or get the Baxi platinum also 10years warranty no brainer really no worries for 10 years other than a service each year ,sorry to say gone off the ideals after the update the casing is awfull cheers k

^^^^ you have to pay £100 extra 5 years on top of the first 5 years, still a bargain

ive read a lot of bad comments about the Viessman Vitodons 100 is it a newer model that's out now where the problems have been sorted out.Said they were prone too leaks with the rubber hoses.

If your worried go Baxi platinum its all about how it's fitted bud the most important thing is having a clean system to start with , a good quality filter on the return to the boiler , inhibitor and a good warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Veissman ,Ideal vogue or Bali Platinum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock