Search the forum,

Discuss van racking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

voivod

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just finished installing racking in m8s work van today.
Started thinking how I want to do my racking...
any idea?? what you would have ...or have done?

Saw this .....and thought wow....££££££
IMG_1029.jpg

Looks nice but where does all the daily consumables live. Plus it's mostly default gear? My van would very clearly be red

Depends what work you do and what van it`s for. I drive a Caddy for service work so theres no long items like rads or boilers but I carry +£3k of stock plus my tools so I put a second bulkhead in meaning if they bust in the side doors then it`s all low value gear and they can`t get to the stock and my tools in the back.

I'm looking at that and thinking what a waste of money!! What's wrong with building it all out of ply? Or buying the second hand metal stuff from fleebay?

IMG_1029.jpg
Wait till ye win d lotto for that fit out I think.

I got mine from ebay.
40 quid out of ex british gas van.

had the bg racking, which was ok but very heavy in my old kangoo, now got a bespoke set of racking the came with the transporter, made fm plastic coated mdf and metal. best thing is a set of 6 drawers for bits n bobs.

had the bg racking, which was ok but very heavy in my old kangoo, now got a bespoke set of racking the came with the transporter, made fm plastic coated mdf and metal. best thing is a set of 6 drawers for bits n bobs.

Yes that reminds me I need some extra bobs. used my last one last week

theres a thread somewhere with plenty of photos somewhere

In my vivaro, I started with the tools I use all the time built racking out of ply completely custom and just added and improved over a few weeks, still making changes when I get time

I'm thinking of buying a rack off ebay. They want £150 for an NV200 one plus £20 postage

It's ****. We bought one wasn't custom at all. Was too tall and the back was square even tho the van is curved . Didn't even fit between side door and rear door utter waste. Sent back

That's on a nv200

Yep that's the same pure **** we bought. Called them they said cut it to suit. Told them to suck my returns

Just checked the reviews and seems the supposed racking doesn't include the floor? So that being thecase, why is thepictureshowing a ply floor? Misleading, me thinks

Tbh £125 for a plywood rack is a fair price.
They are easily built tho. Buy a sheet of 12mm ply and build a square rack. Bracket it into your van and cut a couple of ends from 4mm scribed to the shape of the van to finish it off.
That way you can transfer it to your next van and only need to make up some sides.
It will take you 3 or 4 hrs so it depends how you value your time.

I went to get a steel bulkhead from the local breakers for my van, got there and the van I was removing it from had racking built in, although it was homemade it was heavy duty and a decent job, I asked the lad at the scrappy how much for the racking as well and he said take it pal, you can have it. So my advice is ring the local Car/Van breaker, a lot of vans get wrote off and the racking is never removed, some bargains out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to van racking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock