Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simbo116

I have had a call from a friend saying the display is reading OFF - SERVICE REQUIRED.Does anyone know how to reset this?I have not been to the house yet so do not have any more information.

My guess is... it is a service interval timer, you will need to ring the timer manufacterer and the will talk you through the process of how to reset or disable the yearly cut off......

I am sure you are right about the timer.Does this mean that every time we come across one that we will be ringing up manufacturers?

could be good business and h&s if they were all like this providing we have to proove whos calling for the code hmm?

They done this to a load of Worcesters too

Yeah, you can also buy Honeywell timers (designed for housing association properties) which will turn the power off after 12 months unless reset. This is because some tenants can be funny about letting engineers in to service their appliances.

However as a private owner you don't require this kind of hindrance and should speak with Vaillant.

Thanks everybody for your input.I shall keep it in mind when I look at the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock